I have a new respect for youtubers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a new respect for youtubers

I made my first video ever, (just shooting some 3d at Irving Bowhunters Association) and boy is it a lot of hard work. I always enjoy Chris Bee's videos and DANG they must put days into each of them.
    My video is crap (you want some humble pie? record yourself for an hour and a half) but you gotta start somewhere by trying so here it is.

Please excuse my terribly annoying fat-kid deep breathing. I had no idea it was audible like that until I was home. lol
    There will likely be more and they should be MUCH better quality. I'm down for any advice/critiques. I need to get my kids involved so theyll be filmmakers by the time they're teenagers. my 8 yr old probably already understands youtube better than me.

Congrats on taking the leap

Comment

Which program did you use to edit and cut the original video? I’m wanting to start videoing this deer season and I’m learning on my Mac using the iMovie that apple provides.

Comment

Stick with it. Let me know when you go shoot and I’ll help film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I used Lightworks. I have never edited anything but Word documents before. I have learned a lot but I haven't scratched the surface. Recording yourself will make you feel some kinda way.

Comment

I hear you on the editing part. It's time consuming. You got a sub from me.

Hit me back with a sub if you can.

Comment

Haven't watched it yet, but judging by the description, I could be in for some great entertainment. As you have already figured out, your audio will make or break the video. Make sure to have some B roll handy also.

I bought a gopro and some fancy mic's but haven't done much with them yet. I will say that I "fear" being the goofy goober walking around talking to himself. I also wonder if I am taking away from living in reality if I am constantly worried about the production of the video... like, am I really living in the moment right now?

I will watch it shortly. Good luck!

Comment

here's a couple of suggestions-----buy decent equipment first: good microphones, wind screen, headphones, mixer, and learn to set your audio levels for normal speaking tones.
                use multiple cameras at the same time for different angles of the same time frames-remote start/stops are available for certain cameras. Use tripods/stabilizers for smooth shot work.
                when editing use the simplest transitions: fade, fade to black, fade up, straight cuts. always have 2-5 seconds of footage before beginning and ending a new scripted shot-it gives you some lead and end time to edit with.
                with dialogue please avoid saying "hi guys, welcome back guys, or other hokey sayings.
                retired with 40 years of location production tv/film under my belt and now I won't even watch tv.
                its fun but ain't easy putting out a quality product.

Comment

I bought a gopro years ago. I had every ambition to film stuff and place on youtube. I got to the editing part and that was it.

YouTube is amazing to me. Folks are putting out super high quality productions on their own. Screw TV!

Comment

It’s a lot of work, more than I ever thought it would be. You’ll get quicker and better the more you do it. Filming hunts more than just kill shots are the toughest to do, especially self filming. Stick with it, sounds like you’ll end up enjoying it. I enjoy it more than I thought I ever would.

Comment

Doing anything for the first time is a learning curve. Editing is a tackle at first. But you are literally learning a new system. There are a ton of tutorials on line. Keep practicing. When you’ve done it a while you’ll get a giggle at your first video. Hahahah

Comment

Good ol IBA. I used to shoot there back in the early 1970's. Before compound bows were a thing. I think I still have an old trophy from there.

Comment

I watch YouTube more than anything else. A lot of good content on anything that may be of interest.
                          I really respect those guys that can self film a hunt and make it look very professional.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The editing is the worst part. I usually do it a day or two after I recorded.

Comment

I've been trying to keep it simple myself. Folks want action and not a lot of fluff. I like a little fluff but have since been getting to the point and getting more views.....we are an impatient, instant gratification society.

Comment

Working...
                              X