Leap of Faith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leap of Faith

Well, after running the day to day operations for a pool builder for the last 2 years, I have decided to start my own small business and do for myself and my family what I have been doing successfully for someone else. I gave 3 weeks notice yesterday and already have my lawyer working on my LLC, along with my wife and I working on all of the other particulars of getting rolling. I don't want to share too many details until my lawyer is finished setting everything up. The company I am leaving has turned into something great since I took the helm in 2019 so I am leaving them in a very good position. We are currently building 60 pools per year and steadily growing as our reputation has spread. Next year should be 80 if the growth continues. Managing a pool business building that number of pools, and doing it well, is consuming and does not offer the balance that my family and ministry deserve. I have been working toward planting a church in Livingston, and being a builder on a much smaller scale will suit the balance I need much better. This decision hinged mostly on what would allow my family to be taken care of while still pursuing the path that God is leading me down in ministry. My goal is to only build 10-12 very nice pools each year so I can give them each a huge amount of attention. I don't consider myself a competitor with my former company as we will be in different leagues on the volume of work that will be done. They are striving to be a Walmart while I'm going to be a local mom & pop operation. This is a leap of faith and will not be easy. With that said, I am excited for the future and the opportunity to work hard toward something that will be ours. I would appreciate any prayers as we step into this new venture.

Congrats and prayers up for you and your family!

Comment

Prayers up for you and best of luck to you in your new venture.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Good luck to you!

Comment

Now Hiring

Appreciate it

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Good luck and glad you listened to your heart. The Lord has a plan for you!

Comment

I found myself in a similar situation 20 years ago.I felt I had Jehovahs blessing but wanted to to do more in my service to God,family and congregation I kept meditating on Matthew 6:33 and with prayer and faith I made that leap.There have been many ups and downs but the blessings have been overwhelming.It sounds like you’ve given this a lot of prayerful thought and are doing things for the right reasons so you can be confident in the direction you are heading.

Comment

Good for you man!! Go kill it.

Comment

Good luck on your new venture. You never would know “if” unless you try it.

Comment

Jumped off 32 years ago. Enjoy the ride.....................

Comment

May God bless you brother and prosper you in all things as you are to be a great witness to His divine power and grace. Let His blessings overflow so you can be a blessing to others everyday and a testimony to the unbelievers and believers alike. Us your skills and His power wisely!

Comment

May God bless you in your endeavors. Best of luck!!!

Comment

Best of luck. I always admire folks who go out on a limb to take that chance at success

Comment

Working...
                              X