Sonora / Sutton County 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

I got this guy at my place last Thursday afternoon! He isn’t wide, but he sure makes up for that with tall!!!!!! If his brows would have been long like everything else, he’d be dang near perfect!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s a stud Bisch! Congrats on the buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing huge or even big yet as far as white tails or axis. Some decent young up and comers though. Seems to be that narrow deer are pretty common around here. The no brows deer is the the only “maybe” shooter

Comment

Nice deer Bisch!!!

Comment

Dang Bisch, that is a STUD! We'll have to meet for dinner one night this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            Dang Bisch, that is a STUD! We'll have to meet for dinner one night this season.

Just holler at me and we will make that happen.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

wow

Comment

We have a ton, and i mean a ton of Axis on our property. It seems they will stay in lower country like river bottoms, opposed to the whitetail. We still see both on cameras at the same time so they aren't truly segregating, but I was wondering what is the green screens opinion on a large Axis population affecting the overall potential of the whitetail herd?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
                  We have a ton, and i mean a ton of Axis on our property. It seems they will stay in lower country like river bottoms, opposed to the whitetail. We still see both on cameras at the same time so they aren't truly segregating, but I was wondering what is the green screens opinion on a large Axis population affecting the overall potential of the whitetail herd?
                  Well my opinion is who cares about the whitetail population if you got tons of axis. haha. I mean seriously, the meat is 100x better, they hides are 100x prettier, and you can hunt them year round. Our axis population has between doubled and tripled since last year and I'm so excited. We are still being extremely selective on what we shoot as they are not in the numbers we are wanting just yet. Hopefully one or 2 more years. But we do typically see between 1 and 5 at each stand morning and evening. Nothing with huge horns just yet.

Comment

Where about is your place? Ours is off of Bond and we have a few. When I spoke to the biologist before purchasing the place she basically said they don’t care much about the axis because they are running WT out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

Nothing huge or even big yet as far as white tails or axis. Some decent young up and comers though. Seems to be that narrow deer are pretty common around here. The no brows deer is the the only “maybe” shooter

There is a few "High and Tights" on our ranch as well. One of them is very impressive.

Comment

We are around Devils river state park. Don't get me wrong, i love the axis, i'm not going to eliminate them to increase potential of the WT herd, i was just speculating on what the potential is based on this variable. They co-exist pretty well but Axis are a little more dominate, they also prefer in my experience natural browse over bait with the exception of protein, they will kill a protein feeder quick.

Comment

We are around Devils river state park. Don't get me wrong, i love the axis, i'm not going to eliminate them to increase potential of the WT herd, i was just speculating on what the potential is based on this variable. They co-exist pretty well but Axis are a little more dominate, they also prefer in my experience natural browse over bait with the exception of protein, they will kill a protein feeder quick.

For sure there is a good video on YouTube about a research study on how axis eat all the browse and won’t let WT get in on the action. Basically axis are a problem. I’m with you though I love them ans we have a good population but lots of ranchers can stand them

Comment

Biggest bodied deer I’ve seen in a while! Definitely on the hit list. Last card pull had lots of good up and coming bucks and a good amount of culls. Axis population is healthy! Let’s see what this week brings.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post

Biggest bodied deer I’ve seen in a while! Definitely on the hit list. Last card pull had lots of good up and coming bucks and a good amount of culls. Axis population is healthy! Let’s see what this week brings.

That fella has been eating good. I bet he will eat good too!

Comment

We had a decent opening weekend, 189lb Whitetail was shot, biggest deer I have seen there....

Comment

Working...
                                X