No announcement yet.

Auto part help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just weld usually doesn't stick to that kind of plastic very well but "PlastiFix" will. 2 part mixture of powder and a solvent that creates a chemical reaction. My son uses it on motorcycle faring parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      Just weld usually doesn't stick to that kind of plastic very well but "PlastiFix" will. 2 part mixture of powder and a solvent that creates a chemical reaction. My son uses it on motorcycle faring parts.
      That reminds me of superglue and baking soda being used together?

Somebody on here posted a YT video some time back about it.

Here’s one video.

[ame="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvaXbU0hrY"]SUPER GLUE & BAKING SODA, hard in seconds 5 times stronger fix plastic, wood, leather. - YouTube[/ame]
      Last edited by Katsaregood; 08-09-2021, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
        Just one stripped hole?
        Yes just 1

Comment

THERE really isn't enough material to drill for a coil

Comment

If you can get to it, consider using JB Weld and a stud instead.

Comment

JB Weld brand sells a very good plastic epoxy. It comes in either black or white color. I have found the white colored stuff does not stick very well at all, don't know if I got two bad packages or if it's just the white epoxy. But I have used the black epoxy many times, and fixed all types of stuff. If you fill the stripped hole with that stuff, then let it cure. Then drill a small pilot hole for the screw to start threading into. You should be good to go. I want to say they call their epoxy Plastic Bonder.

Another option that is not quite as easy to accomplish, is finding someone with a plastic welder, then figured out what type of plastic the manifold is made of and weld up the hole, then again drill a pilot hole.

The whole deal should not be a big deal. I would let the epoxy sit for at least 12 hours, preferably 24 hours, before drilling or threading a screw into it. The pilot hole should be about the size of the screw shank, not including the threads. Screws intended to screw into plastic, have much deeper threads, so the threads cut deeper into the plastic, to give the hole more strength.

Comment

Working...
              X