Lefty 20 ga. for daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lefty 20 ga. for daughter

So my 18 year old daughter wants a 20 ga. and she's left handed. All she does is a couple of dove hunts a year and shoots some clays a few times at most. Budget is capped at $400. That's pretty firm and I'm very aware it will be a low quality gun. Buy once, cry once does not apply here.

She's used to a pump action, so any ideas what to look for in a 20 ga. lefty? Seems like they are hard to come by.

Or an O/U might be better for her, but those can't be found new for that price. Should I consider used?

Thanks

Yildiz over under from academy

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
      Yildiz over under from academy
      This. Without question

Comment

O/U may have more recoil than she wants in a light fixed breech gun. Seeing she shoots a pump , if she handles the recoil fine, that yildiz may be the way to go. If tristar makes a lefty semi auto, I would definitely check that out.

Comment

Bottom ejecting pump?

Comment

Excellent ideas. Thank you. I will dig into the options. I do think she can handle the recoil of a 20 ga. O/U.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Bottom ejecting pump?
              Ithaca and switch the safety to a lefty ?

Comment

I’m a lefty and have shot right handed shotguns my whole life without an issue. The only time they have been a problem is when they are cast for a RH shooter but that is not usually an issue until you get into higher end shotguns.

The Ithaca and Browning bottoms eject guns are nice but I don’t like not being able to see an open ejection port and loading singles directly into the chamber is tricky.

Personally I like the mossberg 500 guns - they are inexpensive and reliable and have a safety that works well for lefties.

Comment

Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
                  I’m a lefty and have shot right handed shotguns my whole life without an issue. The only time they have been a problem is when they are cast for a RH shooter but that is not usually an issue until you get into higher end shotguns.

The Ithaca and Browning bottoms eject guns are nice but I don’t like not being able to see an open ejection port and loading singles directly into the chamber is tricky.

Personally I like the mossberg 500 guns - they are inexpensive and reliable and have a safety that works well for lefties.
                  Good perspective. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X