Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midlothian area internet provider recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midlothian area internet provider recommendations?

Were on the S side of Midlo. Have had Uverse since we moved into this house in 2016. We dont have fiber in our neighborhood.

My wife runs an online business out of a shop in the back yard. Uverse is really spotty INSIDE the house. Sometimes average speed, sometimes extremely slow with no explanation, no time pattern, just random.

When its slow in the house, its non-existent in her shop. We use an orbi wifi extender, and it helps, unless the internet is in a slow mood.

Anyone have recommendations for a faster and more reliable provider?

Had the same problem and called to cancel and they upgraded me to 50 mbps from 25. They came out to bury a wire for the increased speed and its been nearly a month and the wire still is laying in my yard. Can't mow that area. They said it would be done by yesterday. Never heard from them. About to call spectrum.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=ctom87;15819773]Had the same problem and called to cancel and they upgraded me to 50 mbps from 25. They came out to bury a wire for the increased speed and its been nearly a month and the wire still is laying in my yard. Can't mow that area. They said it would be done by yesterday. Never heard from them. About to call spectrum.

I live in Houston and they would not bury my fiber optic wire that went 2 poles {3 houses} west.
      I ended up burying it. Was sure a neighbor was going to hit it wth a mower. Get about 800 in the house - 500 in the garage. Was getting 6........................

Comment

I’m in burleson and I had Spectrum but they’re $$. It crapped out often.

I switched over to ATT recently and got fiber for half the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
          I’m in burleson and I had Spectrum but they’re $$. It crapped out often.

I switched over to ATT recently and got fiber for half the price.

Fiber isn't in my area. In fact, I was informed by "Bob" that my 25 mbps was "the fastest in your area, but to check back next week." I said, "Bob, you're telling me AT&T is able to build an entire network infrastucture providing higher internet for thousands of people over the weekend?"

"Yes, check back weekly."

Well lo-and-behold I called back to cancel and sure enough now they can double me up for the same price, just gotta send someone out. "Sure," I said. It wasn't until after I had everything scheduled and in place that "Fred" tells me he made a mistake, it was $10 more a month.

Now that **** line is in my yard and draped over the fence going into my neighbors yard. He hadn't said anything but makes me look bad that I'm not calling. Not the case. I scream at those peckerheads every single time I get the opportunity. I hate AT&T.

Comment

Buckshot73 lives 5 miles from me just a hair outside of the city limits…. And the daggum ATT box is across the street from his house and they still say he can’t get fiber.

I’d call spectrum then. I had them in cleburne and burleson.

Comment

What neighborhood in Midlothian, we are in honeysuckle. We have nextlink but it stinks. We upgrade last yr to the 50 and it didn’t make an improvement. It’s horribly slow.

Comment

What about StarLink?

Comment

I live in Honeysuckle in Midlothian as well and I use Spectrum. Speeds are consistent 100.

Comment

Originally posted by MidloTurtle View Post
                    I live in Honeysuckle in Midlothian as well and I use Spectrum. Speeds are consistent 100.
                    In honeysuckle estates? I didn’t think we had spectrum yet. I heard the were about to run the fiber soon.

Comment

I'm in Honeysuckle Ridge off of Ashford and Whitehead. It might be a different area of town.

Comment

I lived in the country outside of Waxahachie and used Nextlink. They were stable enough for me. 20mbps.

Comment

Working...
                        X