UGGGG Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UGGGG Divorce

The wife and I are calling it quits after a little more than 10 years. We've kinda grown apart the last 2 with her being a recovered alcoholic and now her 2nd OD attempt on Rx pills.

Anyone done the divorce on their own without a lawyer? How'd that go? We have one kid, an 11 boy and I've already told her he stays with me because of her addiction and she agreed. But this is before I decided to file. And how long does something like this take?

Any pointers on what I should do from a man with lots of toys standpoint? Or just where to start besides the states webpage for filing?

Good luck and prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My ex and I did it without a lawyer, but you have to agree on everything, and there was something in there about not having any dependent children. I think that was a condition of no lawyer, but can't remember for sure. We didn't have a dependent child so it wasn't an issue. Seems like it cost $200 in court fees.

Comment

Even if it’s non-contested, A lawyer would be still be your best route to make sure it goes the way you want it to.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
          Even if it’s non-contested, A lawyer would be still be your best route to make sure it goes the way you want it to.
          Especially with an 11 yr old.

Comment

Get a lawyer!!!!

Comment

Lawyer and mediator.

Comment

Been there done that.

Hire a lawyer before she does. She is going to have everyone on her side telling her to get a lawyer. Once she does that, she will file for custody, child support, alimony, etc...
                And you will have to fight to get everything back. Whoever files first wins.

Comment

Yall have a kid together and she has mental issues. Get a lawyer!!

Comment

I can appreciate you trying to save some cash by not getting one, but you don't know the future and you don't know what she may pull. With a kid involved, I hate to say it but throw every dollar you can at a good lawyer for peace of mind at the very least. This one needs to be done right. Good luck. Prayers sent for the best outcome.

Comment

Ain’t no way I would ever face a divorce with a chemical dependent person and risk my child’s safety without hiring a lawyer. Not happening

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        My ex and I did it without a lawyer, but you have to agree on everything, and there was something in there about not having any dependent children. I think that was a condition of no lawyer, but can't remember for sure. We didn't have a dependent child so it wasn't an issue. Seems like it cost $200 in court fees.
                        We went this route and it all worked out in the end. It was by far the hardest and best decision we could have ever made. If things are civil, you can agree and assets are limited there is absolutely no reason why you can’t do it yourself and save a ton of money and stress. As I recall here in Brazos County it took 3-4 months after filing for a court date then it was done.

Micheal

Comment

Hire one before 5 pm today..........waaaaaaaay to many moving parts sir!

Comment

Originally posted by TxxAgg View Post
                            Yall have a kid together and she has mental issues. Get a lawyer!!
                            Yep x 1000% !

Comment

With kid(s) lawyer up with the best you can afford ASAP!
                              Especially with the mental issues

Comment

Working...
                              X