walking on ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Witchgrass View Post
    Y’all ain’t never seen ice road truckers?
    They drive trucks on that stuff.....
    The ice is also several feet thick, not 1/4" if you're lucky to see after this "cold spell."

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      I sure miss ice fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      x2 brother.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
        I sure miss ice fishing

Takes an icehole to know an icehole.

Comment

I grew up in Northwest Florida. In 1978 I was in the 7th grade. We had a huge mud hole on the playground when it rained. One year it froze over and all us kids were having a great time, getting a running start and sliding 15-20 yards across the ice. Until Mr. Warren, a 6th grade teacher decided to give it a try. He made it to the middle, broke through and shattered most of the rest of the ice when he fell forward after his feet hit the bottom. Too bad we didn’t have video . I’m laughing to myself right now! The ice was about an inch thick.

Comment

Grew up in MN and it isn't going to get cold enough for long enough to even try walking on the ice in Allen. It won't freeze evenly. Just because you can walk on it in one area doesn't mean you can 5 feet away. Going to be a lot of Darwin learning experiences happening in the next few days here.

Comment

I told my wife there will be a ton of folks going thru the ice this week. This is Texas not North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                Ok, I laughed.
                Thanks Clark...i put a lot of thought into that one

Comment

I nearly died in cold water 10 years ago. Falling into cold water sucks....
                  This is the first post after my near death experience today. I am very glad to be sending this. Nearly six and half hours ago, I fell out of my boat while running across the lake at 30mph. I was not wearing a life jacket, didn't have my kill switch attached and was around 250 yards from sh...

Comment

Mine is frozen over, but not very thick. I walked on the shallow area that is just a few inches deep and would guess it is 1/4" thick. Has about 3" of snow on top of that now. I have been worried about the dogs trying to go out on it, but they seem to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by BrianL; 02-17-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Wow! Never thought of that. Good info!

Comment

Make sure you video if you do.

Comment

However thick mine was is not thick enough! (Don’t worry I’m right by the house with a fire going )

Comment

My son plays hockey and wants to go out on our tanks. I have been busting holes with a sledgehammer for cows but just don’t trust it for him to go out on.

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                              I nearly died in cold water 10 years ago. Falling into cold water sucks....
                              https://texasfishingforum.com/forums...pics/5668183/1

Dude read your story and could not fathom what was going through your mind. Glad you were rescued.

Comment

My youngest son and I were out walking all over the ice just a few days ago.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X