No announcement yet.

Iguana hunt success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roasted Iguana tail is decent but kinda tuff. Never ate anything other than the tail meat. Panama jungle school 1966 where we ate off the land so to speak. Taste like chicken? yeah kinda. More like rattlesnake I guess. Been a while.
    I would like to try it again where I had opportunity to use seasonings and such. Maybe breading and fry some up. Probably make some excellent gumbo slow cooked.

Comment

Simek is highly stimulated with GODZILLAS!

Comment

Interesting, nice work!

Comment

Keep seeing YT vids of people using Air Rifles in FL for this. Looks fun, interesting that they don't taste bad. When we were in Curacao, a lot of places had it, the daily special one place was Iguana Curry.

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
            That's a unique experience. I assume the locals eat them? Were they easy to find, or did you have to search a lot? Did the hunt require a license?

Sorry for all the questions....
            I’m curious as well. Are they a pestilence down there? What did you shoot them with?

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
              Cool add-on to a trip! Is that an air rifle?

It is. 20 caliber Gamo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's awesome. Saw a bunch in San Juan when we were there in 2014.

Comment

Been wanting to go to PR to do a hunt, but I really hate flying. A buddy just got back from Florida doing a hunt. He said it’s a blast and planning on going again next year. Going to look into the Florida hunts more.

Comment

New one on me! Story: We live in north Texas. One day my grandfather tells me something is getting his vegetables out of his garden. Hmmm, wonder what? Couple days later he says “I saw it!” “ it’s a big old lizard!” Now grandad is about 80 years old at this point, I think “Oh my gosh, he’s losing his mind!” Another couple days go by and he calls me and says “I caught him!” “You caught what?” “I caught that lizard that’s been getting my vegetables!” “Really!, just how big is this lizard?” “Oh, he’s about 2 foot long!” Now I know he’s going crazy! There’s no lizards around here remotely close to 2 foot long. “Hang onto him, I’ll be right over! I’ve got to see this!!! Well I’ll be dang! He’s caught an iguana! Guess somebody had it for a pet, and got tired of taking care of it. Haha. At least he wasn’t losing his mind! Lol
                    Last edited by bugleboy; 11-04-2021, 07:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
                      Well that looks like a lot of fun!! Throw in some offshore fishing is all thats missing.
                      X2, surf and turf!

I mean seas and trees?

Comment

Iguana hunt success!

I have 2 friends that have done this hunt in Florida. There’s tons of them down there. I would love to do that sometime!

Congrats on your lizards!

Bisch

Oh yeah, and one buddy got one mounted. It is a very cool mount:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Bisch; 11-04-2021, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Didn’t even know that was a thing??

Comment

I saw 3 of these in South Africa on my Sept hunt. 2 big ones crawling between the shade coverings on the tree stand we were in and one having a fight with a mongoose on who was going to get the dead guinea in front of our blind. Mongoose won!

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                              It is. 20 caliber Gamo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Did you transport or use the guides weaponry?

Comment

Lots of lizard hunt videos on YouTube. Looks like a ton of fun

Comment

Working...
                                X