No announcement yet.

High end appliances. Your experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone above said avoid z-line but I have the 36” z-line professional and it’s incredible.

Comment

We have Thermador for everything, including coffee maker. Get the coffee maker!!!!!
      Overall, we're quite happy with everything.

Comment

This is not a brand you listed, but certainly the price point is close to fitting in that range.
        I bought a $1200 Kitchen aid dishwasher 2 years ago and it broke this past week. In my opinion, this is completely unacceptable for the thing to completely stop working in such a short period of time with normal residential use application.

Comment

Our appliance package was a mixed bag of Monogram, Kitchen Aid and Sharp.

The majority is Monogram and they have all been solid 3 years in so far.

I’ve makers and warming drawer are Kitchen Aid and drawer microwave is Sharp.

Cooktop, ovens, dishwasher and refrigeration are all Monogram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

if I were replacing appliances with high end stuff, I'd definitely go Thermador.

Viking had a recall last year as the tubing for their gas ranges was prone to cracking which caused gas leaks and a few explosions in kitchens. No clue if they fixed the problem since certain parts were on backorder due to COVID. I agree with AC as Viking isn't the same company it was 10-15 yrs ago

Comment

I went with a double Frigidaire and loved it
              I bought the trim kit on ebay

Looks like the high end sub zero but all in was 3k$
              Attached Files

Comment

We have three dacor ovens, built in fridge, microwave and dishwasher. Have been pleased so far. Wanted monogram but at the time they were 8 months out for install and we needed it immediately. Dacor was the only one to accommodate. A little techy with one of the ovens and microwave but once I figured it out I started to like it more and more.

Comment

Thermador here and very happy with it.

Comment

Had GE Monogram in our old house and everything lasted 15 years no issues except fridge and replaced it year 10 . Our new house has Wolf and been real happy with it so far.

Comment

We went with GE Profile when we built our house. Everything has been great for 6 years except the refrigerator water dispenser valve. Goes out every 6 months like clock work. Have to keep one on hand to fix when it goes out.

Comment

Miele in my opinion is the top especially in dishwashing.
                        Last edited by natvet; 09-09-2022, 01:42 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Great info guys! Thank you! Keep it coming.

Comment

The house I just sold had high end appliances, all Miele or Fisher and Paykel. Well, they were very nice, and we enjoyed them. Only problem we had though, living in a small town, nobody could work on them when they broke. We went 4 months without an oven because they had to order parts one time. So, in the house we are building now, we went with GE Cafe and Electrolux for the fridge/freezer. Our thought process was “most everyone can fix a GE if it stops working”. We’ll see how it goes, hopefully we move in next month

Comment

We just finished a house and the kitchen is just like the last house. Sub Zero fridge, Sub Zero freezer drawers, Bosch dishwasher and a double oven stove by Cooking Performance Group. She wanted a small microwave and they are pretty cheap so I bought 2 and stored one. If the first one craps out, I have a replacement that will fit perfect. I had to use that second one on our last house just before we sold it so I guess it was a good strategy. There was no repair required on any thing at the last house after 23 years.

Comment

Originally posted by natvet View Post
                                Miele in my opinion is the top especially in dishwashing.

Miele is supposed to be top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X