Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Mexican Food on San Antonio Riverwalk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spiderpig1776 View Post
    If you want good food avoid the river walk
    X2

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      X2
      X3

Comment

If you want a good walk avoid food

Comment

Casa Rio is the best place on the riverwalk. Girls HS State basketball tournament is going on down there this weekend, so the riverwalk is going to be EXTREMELY crowded. Might want to try to get reservations to avoid extra long wait times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
            We were down there last weekend with the family and ate at Acenar and it was pretty dang good!
            Acenar is good, and has some different items, not just the regular Tex Mex. On the Riverwalk too.

Comment

We had a good meal and drinks at the Esquire Tavern on Saturday night. The menu is a little on the small side, but the atmosphere and drinks made up for it.

Comment

Girls HS State basketball tournament is going on down there this weekend, so the riverwalk is going to be EXTREMELY crowded. Might want to try to get reservations to avoid extra long wait times.
                thats very good to know, I was going to go down there for a last minute trip but maybe some other weekend.

And on the river walk, casa rio is my pick, margaritas are always very good

Comment

I can’t believe the Blanco Cafe hasn’t been mentioned yet. It’s my favorite in town. It’s not on the Riverwalk, but it’s within walking distance (two blocks if I remember right). We also like Mi Tierra, but it’s not on the Riverwalk. It’s in a fun area though (Market Square)

Comment

Be sure to check out Las Palapas

ac

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
                      X3
                      x37

You can go to the river walk for atmosphere and a good time, but don’t expect anything better than B- food at best.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                        thats very good to know, I was going to go down there for a last minute trip but maybe some other weekend.

And on the river walk, casa rio is my pick, margaritas are always very good
                        This. Food is good. Margaritas (top shelf) are good and strong. Girlfriend loves them, drank multiple. I really like when she drinks Margaritas.

Comment

Looks like a great plate of Tex Mex to me. They also are one of the few restaurants that serve freshly made, not cooked salsa. Best I've ever had at a restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 03-02-2022, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            I can’t believe the Blanco Cafe hasn’t been mentioned yet. It’s my favorite in town. It’s not on the Riverwalk, but it’s within walking distance (two blocks if I remember right). We also like Mi Tierra, but it’s not on the Riverwalk. It’s in a fun area though (Market Square)

Both of these are our go to there. Much better than anything on the river walk In my opinion. Mi Tierra is a must visit every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I know there are way better places to eat than the Riverwalk, but like I said, the girlfriend has never been and really wants to eat Mexican food on the Riverwalk. I’m just trying to accommodate that so that good fortunes may come my way!

Comment

Originally posted by el_tejas_gringo View Post
                                Thanks for the suggestions! I know there are way better places to eat than the Riverwalk, but like I said, the girlfriend has never been and really wants to eat Mexican food on the Riverwalk. I’m just trying to accommodate that so that good fortunes may come my way!
                                I hope it’s worth it then. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X