Simple Backstrap Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Casey View Post
    Marinate in soy sauce for about 45 minutes, season with coarse ground black pepper, grill to zabout 125 and let rest.
    This is how we do it. but we keep putting butter on top as we cook.

Comment

I'm in the hot cast iron with s&p camp...no brine or marinade...
      I've found clarified butter or ghee is nice in a hot cast iron cause it takes the heat better..

I like to keep them cut long or just uncut if smaller like a loin..

Here's a sika strap .. first time to try sika..soo tender..

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Cut em 1.5 inches thick
        Cover em with Chupacabra rub
        Spray em with olive oil
        Slap em on a really hot grill 4-4.5 minutes each side.

Serve with roasted brussel sprouts, black eyed peas, and cornbread.

Livin large!

Comment

as mentioned above by Quackadikt
          Oven/pellet grill at 225ish until internal temp is about 100*. Pull out and finish in a almost smoking hot cast iron with a light coat of oil in it. Temp should be about 120 when you pull it out of there.
          My difference is cut into 1/4 pieces S&P, stick of butter, oven 225 till rare. Drop in rocket hot cast iron skillet with a little oil for a FEW SECONDS a side.
          How do you use the quote: feature?

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
            Marinate in soy sauce for about 45 minutes, season with coarse ground black pepper, grill to zabout 125 and let rest.
            The winner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

good thread!

Cooked venison steaks last night on the black stone grill. Cubed up steaks into small pieces and coated with Chupacabra brisket seasoning. Cooked with the normal fajita vegetables and turned out great!

Comment

You need to try the meat eater chili rubbed steak. Stupid simple and it goes great in tacos or by itself with some Spanish rice.

Have you ever tried to make flash-seared, fajita-style rubbed meat with deer, but found that the texture didn’t come out quite right? This recipe will show you how to take a roast and turn it into thin slices of tender meat, just like your favorite Mexican restaurant does. The trick to getting that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve gotta try that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You will get a better crust if the meat is dry when you drop it in cast iron or over hot coals.

I intentionally dry mine with a paper towel, season with kosher salt and coarse ground fresh black pepper. Throw in/on a screaming hot cat iron skillet/grill for no more than 2 minutes per side. Pull tent and rest for 5 minutes.

Perfection on 2” thick medallions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Lightly dust with ginger and thyme, add black pepper and garlic to taste, dust with flour on both sides and fry in hot olive oil for a couple of minutes per side. Simple and tasty.

Comment

That looks delicious

Comment

Reverse Sear.

Comment

I like to stir fry it with vegetables and either go the carne guisada route or mix in some kind of asian sauce and eat it with instant rice.....either way is pretty quick especially if the meat and vegetables are cut thin

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Working...
                              X