So you won the lottery...now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little off topic

Tithes and offerings are totally voluntary but the practice honors God and God honors the faithful

Been times in my life I couldn't whisper a prayer from exhaustion and pain,,let alone pretend to be grateful or "righteous", but the thing I could do was give an offering with the belief God would find me faithful, and that physical/spiritual act kept me going till I could get on my feet and back in the game.

Man, how much we forfit when we aren't faithful with out dollars!

Comment

While this is not reflective of our readers, it is statistically true of churchgoers in our country: The church of today is not great at giving to their churches. This isn’t exactly news. But it is a fact that tithers...

The larger point is … what could happen if believers were to increase their giving to a minimum of, let’s say, 10 percent? There would be an additional $165 billion for churches to use and distribute. The global impact would be phenomenal.

Here are just a few things the Church could do with the kind of money.

$25 billion could relieve global hunger, starvation and deaths from preventable diseases in five years.$12 billion could eliminate illiteracy in five years.$15 billion could solve the world’s water and sanitation issues, specifically at places in the world where 1 billion people live on less than $1 per day.$1 billion could fully fund all overseas mission work.$100 – $110 billion would still be left over for additional ministry expansion.

Comment

I’ve never played the lotto in my life, so my chances of winning 10 mill is zero

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
          I’ve never played the lotto in my life, so my chances of winning 10 mill is zero
          So is everyone else's

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yup. My church isn’t getting 10 percent of my gambling because well, I just don’t do it. They’ll just get 10 percent of what I earn!

Comment

The website makes the assumption that if you don’t give to the church then you aren’t giving to any other group that does good work for the needy.

Wonder how many people the church could feed if they just sold some of their properties or a painting or two in the Vatican.

Comment

Originally posted by RUNNING BEAR View Post
                The website makes the assumption that if you don’t give to the church then you aren’t giving to any other group that does good work for the needy.

Wonder how many people the church could feed if they just sold some of their properties or a painting or two in the Vatican.
                No sir. You made that assumption based on what,, I wouldn't know.

This article is written to the church specifically. . It's an indictment on the body of Christ. Passerbyers need not read too much into it.

I'm Baptist, don't know about paintings and Vaticans and such, lol

Comment

I don’t think I’d really do anything crazy..
                  Pay the taxes
                  10% to God
                  Pay off all debt
                  Maybe build a bigger house
                  Buy some more cool guns, thermals and a night vision helmet setup
                  Buy some fancy deer blinds and feeders
                  Enjoy time with my family without any stress over money

Comment

I'd keep it real simple: Hire a lawyer and financial advisor. Next I would invest at least half of it in some safe investments that return enough to supplement my forthcoming pension and disability from the military. Finally I would move out of my current home, rent it for income, and buy enough acreage out in the country to hunt on and build a house. Outside of that I wouldn't change too much how I live except for taking a few more hunts with my family and hunting buddy.

Comment

I buy powerball/megamillions any time the cash option is about 150mm +.

9 digit wealth is true "eff you money".

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd buy maybe 100 acres in the woods somewhere and build a modest house and a big shop and all kinds of knife making and wood working tools. I'd invest a big chunk of it in stocks and possibly real estate. I'd support a handful of charities, give $100k to each of my siblings and three of my friends. I'd pay off my daughter's student loan and buy her a new reliable car. That's about it.
                        Last edited by SamHarper; 12-21-2021, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                          1. Done working.
                          2. Look for a place to live that the kids can have a good school, and be involved in plenty over the next 18 years, yet easy to get away and do fun things.
                          3. I wouldn’t straight up buy my own land yet, but I’d be going on lots of hunts per year. All the while pondering where I wanted a ranch.
                          4. As for relatives? My brother would benefit and want for nothing Bc he and his kids would be along for the hunting on my dime.

I’ll remember this post leaving me out of your lotto hunts next time you want to come hunting.

Comment

1- Pay off all debt
                            2- Purchase rental properties to cash flow
                            3- Buy ranch for family hunting
                            4- Retire my parents to where ever they like
                            5- Probably continue to work part time lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6 million after tax I could afford some of the ammo that's in the classifieds

Comment

So you won the lottery...now what?

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                                So your church ask everyone where their tithing contributions comes from? Strange never been asked that in any church I've been too.

They do not. But I know of a specific situation where someone had a good night at Choctaw. They told the pastor where it came from without being asked and he politely told them that the church could not accept it.

It’s a very common practice. I’d be willing to bet several of the folks here who said they’d tithe and donate to the church would find themselves in a similar situation. Most people just don’t know that church policy because it doesn’t happen all that often.

And for the record, I don’t agree with it. Take the money and do God’s work with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X