Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incident at Academy

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    You didn't fix anything thing for me. Lawyers, all of them, are no good, rotten POS. Period.
    Lawyers will work for whatever side pays them the most, just like prostitutes. Lawyers take the position that you can flip flop, make great money, and have this faux sense of how great you are because you are a lawyer. Lawyers do not make moral stands, you just flip flop and take the most money you can. Lawyers take an incredibly immoral case and win lots of money for some POS that better deserves a jail sentence. There are too many Lawyers as politicians. Lawyers will get murderers off on technical points. Scum of the earth.
    While I do use them because of the legal system they put together, I discard them like I discard used toilet paper.

Wow. I guess I could take this personally since you obviously meant it that way but I’ve seen way too many of your posts to care what a lowlife sycophant like you thinks of my honorable profession. You obviously did something stupid and got nailed to the wall by an attorney. Seriously what happened?

You also never answered my question, aren’t you running for public office?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by The Crippler; 01-23-2022, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Because you can sue over stupid **** and win…

And that’s all lawyers fault?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
        Tort reform has been needed for a long time. It's not about right vs. wrong anymore or guilty vs. innocent It's about gaming the system to literally get away with theft, slander, dishonesty and murder.

If Academy wasn't more concerned with getting sued vs. getting stolen from you would have a leg to stand on. Politicians are greedy but the system allows that greed to be exploited by the wealthy, their lobbyists and their lawyers.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying, but to blame the situation entirely on lawyers is disingenuous. Lawyers file lawsuits on behalf of their clients.

Comment

I thought about what I have written in the past and I've decided that I will be a much better TBHer. I truly apologize for my rough and obnoxious comments and I will completely stop that nonsense. I am committing to being positive and not put down anyone. If I have offended you in any way, please PM me so I can make amends as best as possible. I still deserve ribbing from some and that is okay. I will always respond in a kind way. No more keyboard cowboy for me. I am sorry.
          Well, that didn't last long!

You didn't fix anything thing for me. Lawyers, all of them, are no good, rotten POS. Period.
          Lawyers will work for whatever side pays them the most, just like prostitutes. Lawyers take the position that you can flip flop, make great money, and have this faux sense of how great you are because you are a lawyer. Lawyers do not make moral stands, you just flip flop and take the most money you can. Lawyers take an incredibly immoral case and win lots of money for some POS that better deserves a jail sentence. There are too many Lawyers as politicians. Lawyers will get murderers off on technical points. Scum of the earth.
          While I do use them because of the legal system they put together, I discard them like I discard used toilet paper.
          Still trying to win friends and influence people, I see. You really have some deep seated anger issues.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
            Wow. I guess I could take this personally since you obviously meant it that way but I’ve seen way too many of your posts to care what a lowlife sycophant like you thinks of my honorable profession. You obviously did something stupid and got nailed to the wall by an attorney, can you show us where the bad lawyer touched you? Seriously what happened?

You also never answered my question, aren’t you running for public office?
            Don't waste your time amigo...he's not gonna engage with serious truthful dialog detailing his hurt or office run.

Comment

And that’s all lawyers fault?

Are they not representing the stupid side?

Comment

Incident at Academy

Look, all I’m saying is blaming lawyers for this and similar situations is like blaming Budweiser for drunk driving accidents and Krispy Kreme for the obesity epidemic. It’s a means to an end. Are there unethical, morally reprehensible lawyers that exploit the system, absolutely. But it’s unfair to label the entire legal profession when there are many more positive things lawyers do. It’s a social issue that needs to be confronted on many sides.

Last edited by The Crippler; 01-23-2022, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Do they not represent the sensible side as well??

We've had threads where ALL sales people & realtors are worthless...we got good & bad doctors & someone has an appointment with the worst one on Monday.

Let's not do the whole 'every & all' when discussing professions...you know very well many of us will need a sales guy, realtor, dr & lawyer at some point. Let's hope we find the legit ones.

Comment

I think I’m going write Academy a letter, anyone know who’s in charge?

Comment

Look, all I’m saying is blaming lawyers for this and similar situations is like blaming Budweiser for drunk driving accidents and Krispy Kreme for the obesity epidemic. It’s a means to an end. Are there unethical, morally reprehensible lawyers that exploit the system, absolutely. But it’s unfair to label the entire legal profession when there are many more positive things lawyers do. It’s a social issue that needs to be confronted on many sides.

Not labeling the entire legal profession, and not taking a shot at you, but I would guess lawyers rank in the top 10 of shadiest professions.

Comment

Not labeling the entire legal profession, and not taking a shot at you, but I would guess lawyers rank in the top 10 of shadiest professions.

Meh, as long as it’s folks like SabineHunter and you making the rankings I think I’ll be able to sleep tonight [emoji6]. Just like anything else in life, your life experiences are what you base your opinions on.

Comment

Meh, as long as it’s folks like SabineHunter and you making the rankings I think I’ll be able to sleep tonight [emoji6]. Just like anything else in life, your life experiences are what you base your opinions on.

Not me doing the rankings…

Considering how low approval ratings are, it's probably no surprise that members of Congress have one of the lowest honesty and ethics ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                            Yes corporate America is not totally to blame you can add the legal system in there as well too. Corruption at the government level as well. If a criminal is injured during a crime and the company is later sued and loses the case because an employee stepped.up to try and stop it well that's screwed up and direct failure of the system and process. If anyone thinks otherwise they are part of the problem.

Well said.

Comment

I’ll concede, no good comes from bickering on the internet. I used to flip right through threads with no cares and recently I’ve caught myself getting involved in argumentative posts. I’ve been seeing a lot of unnecessary conflict here lately, need to step away for a while. At the end of the day I know who I am and what value I bring to my community and clients. Apologies for contributing to the derailment of this thread.

Comment

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying, but to blame the situation entirely on lawyers is disingenuous. Lawyers file lawsuits on behalf of their clients.

Read what I wrote again. I didn't just blame lawyers but to deny they are a big part of the problem just because you are one is part of the problem. I am in oil and gas. I don't get sensitive when people say that fossil fuels pollute the planet. They do. If someone said some oil companies have put profit ahead of safety and that's why we've had blowouts and oil spills I would say, "you're correct". I am pretty clear eyed about the world I am living in.

Comment

Working...
                                X