No announcement yet.

Rocksprings land overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthrax. We just bought 400 acres east of the anthrax zone this year. Lots of properties highly effected over the last few years in certain valleys. Do your research and decide what your risk/comfort level is. It truly is a personal decision, there are reasons not to be too concerned over it. For us (personally) it was a factor in where we purchased. There is always a risk though.

Comment

The only reason we are selling our place in eastern Edwards County is because we bought a place south of George West. Momma said I can't have two, LOL.

We've never had a problem with anthrax, illegals or lack of game at the feeders. And it's only two hours from San Antonio.

Comment

Rocksprings land overload?

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
        that makes sense, I just assumed CWD as I know there are CWD checkpoints in Sonora as of at least last year.

There are no CWD check points in Sonora!!!! Never has been here!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Last edited by Bisch; 10-13-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Land for sale

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
          It's the county commissioners that keep approving smaller and smaller subdivisions. a lot of them are now right at 20 acres.
          And if you look closer, said authorities may be actively involved in the same real estate market.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
            I've been looking at small (under 100 acre) tracts of land for sale for me and my dad to be able to hunt, and in my searches, Rocksprings seems to be populated more and its normal tract sales. I know Ozona area was hit hard with CWD but is the sell off in Rocksprings due to CWD as well or are people just not able to pay for the land since the stopped getting relief checks?
            I had a 35 acre place east of Rocksprings on 41 for six years. Had a blast there with the kids shooting axis and a rare white tail. Sold it because it had an old mobile home I got tire of patching, kids got older, married, and moved away, and found a place near Kerrville and closer to home. Do your homework, there are some good places and some awful places. Take a good look at neighboring places and that will tell you a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
              It’s easier to move the properties- unfortunately!

I get why they are doing it. More why other counties are not doing more of it. Not a big fan of it but Edwards is super common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ag111 View Post
                Anthrax. We just bought 400 acres east of the anthrax zone this year. Lots of properties highly effected over the last few years in certain valleys. Do your research and decide what your risk/comfort level is. It truly is a personal decision, there are reasons not to be too concerned over it. For us (personally) it was a factor in where we purchased. There is always a risk though.

Well worded. If you own or lease in the area it will always be a risk with Anthrax. It hits but the deer population will bounce back afterwards. It’s not there every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  There are no CWD check points in Sonora!!!! Never has been here!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So what was the check station there testing for? Anthrax?

Comment

I'm off of HWY 41 about 15 miles from Rock springs. Now that some Poachers were caught ..hoping the critters come back. Usually take 5 - 10 hogs a year but the stray exotics don't want to cooperate .. they probably know my truck ..Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                      I'm off of HWY 41 about 15 miles from Rock springs. Now that some Poachers were caught ..hoping the critters come back. Usually take 5 - 10 hogs a year but the stray exotics don't want to cooperate .. they probably know my truck ..Lol
                      ha. keep the feed out and water and they will come. Water is key. I fed protein and corn year round and the axis liked both. I also learned that they knew when I was there Did better getting into the property quietly and limit movements.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	WGI_0772.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	24665353

water and feed year round. Axis don't like rough country so the are needs to be flat.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
                          We might be neighbors…..lol

Comment

Joel45acp .. My place is off of HWY 41 & CR230

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                              the reason there are so many tracts for sale is due to all of the new subdivisions going in. a lot of the old ranches are being split up.
                              Originally posted by techzan View Post
                              ^^ Unfortunately the post above is the exact reason ^^
                              My buddy and I noticed this too. Went to Edwards County last year to look at property. Everything we looked at was large old ranches that had been purchased by developers and subdivided into 100 acre tracts. Selling owner financed.

They turn into shooting galleries the first 5 years. Then, no one wants to maintain the private easements for access. Plus, no electricity or utilities usually.

Is that how everything is out there? Can you find some conventional ranch property in the 100 to 250 acre size before a developer gets ahold of it? Or are they all +500 acres?

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                                Is the land going down in price?

I’d say its more likely this Plandemic is coming to fruition instead of disease. I remember seeing luxury cars at the San Antonio food bank. Could be many people have to let go of property like this.
                                Nice cars have been at food banks for years. Typical democrats.

Comment

Working...
                                X