Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back in time, and it's gonna get "real".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back in time, and it's gonna get "real".

I remember when I first started deer hunting (especially bow hunting) I wanted to kill anything. Good buck, doe, spike, 5 pt, it didn't matter.
    Well... I've killed a couple since then. And although I "try" to pass on dinks now, that won't be the case starting tomorrow.

It's like I'm 15 again, lol. I pity the 1st semi-adult deer that comes w/in 15 yards of me tomorrow!!! Good buck, doe, spike, 5 pt, etc.

I've wanted to try and take a deer w traditional equipment forever. I actually shot a couple hogs this summer but a deer is the real prize.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to bust out w a buck like Sika took, and I will if a dink/doe don't walk out at 1st light! :rolleyes

I'm going to try and stick (no pun intended) with the recurve the entire season (cept maybe the wk of KS - ).

I'm feeling pretty confident. Not too sure about my choice of BH but they hit where I point them. I resharpened the 3 I practice with plus I hit the 2 new ones with the sharpener as well. They weren't as sharp as I like, straight out of the pkg.

So go easy on me if you see me post about a missed 3 pt or a whacked doe. Feathers gonna be flying everywhere in OK this wknd. 😉

I got in 3 groups of 5 (3 BH, 2 FP) practice shots at 16 yds before it got dark. All groups were similar but this was the last 5. Was really only one group that was a lil more spread out than this one. But all were killing type shots, provided the deer stands like a statue, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211008-201153_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	25262927

I like it! Good luck and shoot straight!

Comment

Good luck and go get em.

Comment

Nothing like the feeling when going hunting when I was a kid

Good luck turning back the clock

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Best of luck painting an arrow or two red.

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck! It's great to start something new that is so much fun!

Might be the camera angle, but those pics make it look like you have a way stiff arrow.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Love it. That’s my mindset this year. If it’s brown it’s down…legal of course. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I like pics of deer lying down in front of a hunter regardless of bone size on their heads. Or lack there of.
                      Looking forward to pics.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck Derek!!!! I’ll be watching for the LDP’s and story. You think you are excited now, this is nothing compared to when you walk up to the first critter you’ll get with that stick!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

It's HOT !

Sweatn to death.

Good thing I took practice shot(s).

Bow hit rail 1st shot. These things are LOOOOONG! #2 & 3 I'm satisfied with. I hand corned 15 yds. Fdr is 30 yds!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20211009-180538_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	24665155

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck! Post your successes when they happen

Comment

Working...
                              X