What is a good 38 revolver for my wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good 38 revolver for my wife?

Like the title says I am looking for a Revolver for my wife. She made a comment about wanting one and looking to buy one for our Anniversary . I am not looking for a top notch break the bank pistol just something good for her to swap out with her other guns and carry sometimes. Looking at a 38 and I live local to several Academy and not real far from a Carters Country as well. Any feedback or suggestions on what to get her? Thanks for any leads.

The S&W 442 & 642 are hard to beat for a hammerless carry rig...what my wife totes around & I'll stick it the pocket for a quicky mart trip.

Comment

Taurus makes great revolvers. 22mag is really nice and good to break her in. Plus, it has 8 rounds instead of 5/6. A lot less $$ than S & W. My wife loves my Colt Detective as well but it is costly.

Comment

I vote Taurus also !

Comment

I bought my mom the S&W Lady Smith in 38 special. Its super light and has some nice rosewood grips. She really likes it and doesn't mind shooting it.

Comment

My wife carries a Taurus 38. I hacksawed the hammer so it doesn't snag in her purse.

Comment

Taurus
              $250 at academy

Comment

My wife and daughter carry the Ruger LCR in 38, they are light and awesome pistols

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ruger SP101 in 38. a little heavier than some mentioned but easy to shoot well

Comment

Find a compact semi auto. Contrary to what some may believe, women can handle semi auto guns and often times will enjoy them better than a snub nose light weight revolver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd suggest finding a range that has rentals. We have a few here that you pay a flat very reasonable fee, and bring your own ammo. They have most all the common handguns. You can try as many as you want. And you don't have any other fees. That's where I took my daughter to find out what she likes.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 09-29-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

S&W and Taurus.

Comment

As far as revolvers a j frame Smith or an LCR, I do agree with have her look at a semi-auto as well. No Tauruses

Comment

Thank you everyone for all of the feedback. She carries a semi auto for the last 7 years or so now and owns several pistols but no revolvers . I will check out the S W and Taurus both.

Comment

My wife has several pistols as well and her carrry pistol of choice is a charter arms 38 special. It’s just what she’s most comfortable with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X