Tumors on deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tumors on deer

First question, do you think this doe has tumors? Pic taken a week ago, growth at the base of her neck, and huge stomach. She also has a fawn with her.

Second question. What do you do in those circumstances? Let them be unless they seem hurting? Then if you put one down then??? Where to take it?

Haven’t run into this situation before so I’m relying on y’all’s knowledge.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Looks like an old pregnant doe. That fawn might just be tagging along and not hers.

Comment

I believe that is a Hydrocysts. Fairly common and is no danger to the deer.

Often misidentified, those ugly growths called seromas are more of an eyesore than a serious health problem for deer — or hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
        Looks like an old pregnant doe. That fawn might just be tagging along and not hers.
        But why would she be pregnant a week ago? Timing is off. And true, the fawn could just be there..

Comment

Originally posted by Tester View Post
          I believe that is a Hydrocysts. Fairly common and is no danger to the deer.

https://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/c...th-this-deer-2
          Thanks. Maybe thats it??

Comment

The chest condition is a seroma, which is just a bag that forms as a result of an injury as sera fluid accumulates. Usually not a long-term problem unless it ruptures and becomes infectious. The distended stomach may be related to the injury that caused the seroma, or could be something entirely different. For the time being, she doesn't appear to immediately unhealthy (not emaciated, no immediate coat concerns, etc.). Could be something she recovers from or maybe not. Only way to tell for sure what the problem is is a necropsy.

Comment

Working...
            X