post Hurricane Ida pictures from Port Fourchon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post Hurricane Ida pictures from Port Fourchon

I was expecting complete devastation since the Eye wall and 160+ mph winds battered Fourchon for 12 hours. The videos from campsites showing the wind and rising tide was scary AF. Pictures taken yesterday afternoon, less than 24 hours after the storm. Definitely miraculous and many people are relieved to see the damages from pics below. Video footage from Grand Isle camps and businesses look similar to Fourchon with not as much damages as expected.

Whatever architects and builders who constructed those camps should be getting lots of referrals for business

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-31-2021, 09:16 AM.

AMEN! I prayed hard for those folks. Having been through it, I wouldnt wish something like this on my worst enemy.

Comment

Amazing. There doesn't appear to be as much roof damage as you would expect. All things considered they got off real lucky.

Comment

How did your home / neighborhood fare Blake??

Comment

Ida was a dud. All hype as per usual.

Comment

thats so good to see, loosing a place to Harvey really makes me appreciate these pictures, its such a bad feeling just waiting to see how bad your house got hit, then seeing something like this would be such an emotional relieve

Comment

Bridgeside Marina took it on da chin

Comment

Grand Isle pic

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                  False. A trip down LA 1 right about now would have you sing’n a different tune.

Comment

What catches my eye is how well all of the roofs held up.

It looks like a trailer park was there in the second picture, but got wiped out for all but one remaining trailer.

Comment

Don’t listen to that ***** clown, why he’s still a member here is beyond me.

Prayers to all those in path of Ida.

Originally posted by Seatruckn View Post
                      False. A trip down LA 1 right about now would have you sing’n a different tune.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                        Go tell that to the people living their. You really are full of **** on many of your posts.

Comment

1mm people without power, thousands now homeless, unsafe drinking water, 4 deaths & counting, unknown injured...ignorance is curable, stupid is forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy View Post
                            What catches my eye is how well all of the roofs held up.

It looks like a trailer park was there in the second picture, but got wiped out for all but one remaining trailer.
                            I was wondering if this was a trailer park or RV park with one office. Looks rough either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              Whatever architects and builders who constructed those camps should be getting lots of referrals for business
                              Definitely looks alot different than Cameron did. I expected nothing but pilings. Cudos to the builders!

Comment

Working...
                              X