My truck is being kidnapped in a service bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
    Service writer says no it doesn’t run , it was throwing a theft mode code recall
    Hold up, there's a recall for this? My wife has a 2017 that does the same thing from time to time. I took it in and they didn't say nothing about a recall. Do you happen to have the recall number for this?

Comment

lol i would definitely go flipping desk if that was a option
      I guess it’s time to go camping in the service center till a manager shows up
      forget the manager, tell them your there to see the owner....

Comment

That computer for the truck is available on eBay. I was going to say to everyone recommending causing a scene and complaining or whatever that the dealer can't do anything about inability to get parts so seems kind of silly, but maybe you can convince them to simply buy the parts elsewhere or install the part you bring in yourself rather than stick to the official channels.

Comment

S3 did you get my PM?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            That computer for the truck is available on eBay. I was going to say to everyone recommending causing a scene and complaining or whatever that the dealer can't do anything about inability to get parts so seems kind of silly, but maybe you can convince them to simply buy the parts elsewhere or install the part you bring in yourself rather than stick to the official channels.
            Justletmein has a good and valid point. I am experiencing a similar situation of the dealer being unable to get the part through their supply channels. Just like suggested Ebay also has the part I need for a different truck and different issue but might be the route I end up having to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_J View Post
              Justletmein has a good and valid point. I am experiencing a similar situation of the dealer being unable to get the part through their supply channels. Just like suggested Ebay also has the part I need for a different truck and different issue but might be the route I end up having to go.
              I am hitching a ride into town to try and examine that option

Comment

I’d demand an equivalent truck to drive, they can keep yours in there as long as they need while you put miles in theirs. No giving you a Explorer when you’re paying the note on a King Ranch F-250 though.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                  My last truck sat at the Chevy Dealer in Grapevine for 4 months. But they also kept giving me loaners.
                  Co worker is dealing with this on his 250. They keep giving him cars off the lot and say if we sell it. You need to bring it back and swap it out. Crazy people are buying without looking and Ron driving

Comment

Show up there.

Demand to pick it up

Have it towed to another dealer

Show your behind real good

Show up with a tow truck from another dealer and your sore keys and move it.

If you want it bad enough you will figure out how to get it back or get it moved

One month

I would have put it in neutral and pushed it off the lot by now.

Comment

I am very suspicious of them before they had parts problems
                      And it can’t run they want to preform these services I think the engine needs to be running to do
                      Those things are up sells. Many dealers do that stuff, to make more money. They tell you your vehicle needs these things done or else bad things will happen. BG, is a brand of products. BG is good stuff, but much of what they sell is not very important. The main product of theirs I like is the fuel injector cleaner. But obviously they have come out with many new products since I was last in a dealership, to cater to the dealers who like to up sell.

On the anti theft, most likely it could be disabled, probably not by the dealer. The software the dealers are given, that will flash the PCM, will only allow for a few generic changes by the dealership, typically for speedometer calibration for larger tires. That's about all the factory software supplied to the dealer will allow to be done.

Now aftermarket companies, produce software for tuning, those tuning softwares, usually allow just about everything in the original calibration to be changed or altered. I know I have turned off Ford anti theft multiple times on Ford products, using aftermarket tuning software. Once because a guy did not want to pay to have two new PATs keys made for a truck he got for $600. Then on another occasion I was unable to get a transponder for a PATs system, because it had been obsolete from Ford for years and none of the aftermarket makes anti theft parts for Ford's various PATs system, same with air bag parts. So on that occasion, I had to turn the PATs off, to get the car to start, because parts were not available. Then on one or two other occasions, I was in the middle of tuning a car, that had PATs, the PATs module or the transponder took a crap on me. The car would not start after I had been tuning it for hours. So I turned the PATs off, the car started up, so I got back to tuning.

There is more than one way to get that truck started. At this point, I would find a tuner, who can turn off the anti theft in your truck, find out what it costs, get it done and get your truck back on the road. Then still raise hell with GM.

I worked in a GM dealer once, their system is a bit screwed up or was back in the mid 90s, when I worked for them. They had a passenger's side air bag wiring harness recall. We had multiple customers who called all the time wanting to get the recall done. I was told by the service manager to call GM about that part about ever other day. She had no idea what she was doing, should not have been a service manager. She was a royal pain in my ***. I would call GM multiple times a week, they were not concerned at all about the wiring harness having a recall and none available. I got the same answer about three to four times a week about that wiring harness, for many months. She wanted me to document who I talked to at GM, every time I called, like any of that was going to do any good. They absolutely did not care, when they had the parts, they would ship them to the dealers.

They should not have sent all of those recall notices out, before they had parts. Ford has long ago learned that. Back in the 90s Ford had the ignition switch recall and the Crown Victoria brake backing plate bolt recall. During those times, the shop floor under every bench and in any corner on benches, everywhere. There were either thousands of backing plate bolts and nuts or old ignition switches. Multiple people in our family had vehicles that fell under the time line of when the parts that were recalled were installed. But for many months after the recalls started, my family members were told the recall did not affect their vehicles. I would run their VINs through OASIS ever couple months. Eventually their vehicles popped up as having the recall. I knew they would, because of the range of years, of vehicles of the recall and the production dates of our family vehicles.

Ford knew that if they sent recalls to every person who had a vehicle that was made with the potentially bad parts. We would have been doing nothing but recalls, every day, all day, until they ran out of recall parts. The way Ford did it, they always had plenty of parts in stock for the recalls, then they randomly pick a given number of customers to contact and inform them their car has the recall. With the amount they did send out, everybody in the shop was doing probably 10 to 20 recalls a day, not counting the other work coming in the shop. Of those many thousands of ignition switches replaced, by the guys in the dealer I worked for. We only found two that were hot, when they showed up at the dealer to get replaced. Since my days of working in dealerships, I have found at least two more hot ignition switches.

Another point, both GM and later Ford, then after Ford, Dodge had wiper motor governors that were shorting out and burning trucks down. At the GM dealer I worked for they replaced thousands of them. Then when I went back to working for Ford, we replaced thousands of them at the Ford dealer. Of all of those wiper motor governors, I never saw or heard of one that was hot. By the way, if you did not know, the same company made the wiper motors for Ford, GM and Dodge, same with many of the other pieces in those three brands. Years later after having long left the dealership life. I got a Ford truck, that the wiper motor got so hot, that the cowl panel above the wiper motor was too hot to touch. That wiper motor was hot enough, I am surprised it did not light up. That sucker was hot.

One last idea, if you still have On Star service in your truck, you might show up at the dealer, get in your truck and hit the On Star button. Then rip into them, about the whole mess. That would be a quick way to get GM on the line. They would know exactly who you are, and what your truck's VIN is.

Comment

I did not read all of the replies to this thread but I found myself in a similar situation when I did some damage to my 2019 chevy when it was pretty new. Shop had it for about a month. I finally said hey i'm gonna come get it and drive it until the pars are available. And that is what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          Those things are up sells. Many dealers do that stuff, to make more money. They tell you your vehicle needs these things done or else bad things will happen. BG, is a brand of products. BG is good stuff, but much of what they sell is not very important. The main product of theirs I like is the fuel injector cleaner. But obviously they have come out with many new products since I was last in a dealership, to cater to the dealers who like to up sell.

On the anti theft, most likely it could be disabled, probably not by the dealer. The software the dealers are given, that will flash the PCM, will only allow for a few generic changes by the dealership, typically for speedometer calibration for larger tires. That's about all the factory software supplied to the dealer will allow to be done.

Now aftermarket companies, produce software for tuning, those tuning softwares, usually allow just about everything in the original calibration to be changed or altered. I know I have turned off Ford anti theft multiple times on Ford products, using aftermarket tuning software. Once because a guy did not want to pay to have two new PATs keys made for a truck he got for $600. Then on another occasion I was unable to get a transponder for a PATs system, because it had been obsolete from Ford for years and none of the aftermarket makes anti theft parts for Ford's various PATs system, same with air bag parts. So on that occasion, I had to turn the PATs off, to get the car to start, because parts were not available. Then on one or two other occasions, I was in the middle of tuning a car, that had PATs, the PATs module or the transponder took a crap on me. The car would not start after I had been tuning it for hours. So I turned the PATs off, the car started up, so I got back to tuning.

There is more than one way to get that truck started. At this point, I would find a tuner, who can turn off the anti theft in your truck, find out what it costs, get it done and get your truck back on the road. Then still raise hell with GM.

I worked in a GM dealer once, their system is a bit screwed up or was back in the mid 90s, when I worked for them. They had a passenger's side air bag wiring harness recall. We had multiple customers who called all the time wanting to get the recall done. I was told by the service manager to call GM about that part about ever other day. She had no idea what she was doing, should not have been a service manager. She was a royal pain in my ***. I would call GM multiple times a week, they were not concerned at all about the wiring harness having a recall and none available. I got the same answer about three to four times a week about that wiring harness, for many months. She wanted me to document who I talked to at GM, every time I called, like any of that was going to do any good. They absolutely did not care, when they had the parts, they would ship them to the dealers.

They should not have sent all of those recall notices out, before they had parts. Ford has long ago learned that. Back in the 90s Ford had the ignition switch recall and the Crown Victoria brake backing plate bolt recall. During those times, the shop floor under every bench and in any corner on benches, everywhere. There were either thousands of backing plate bolts and nuts or old ignition switches. Multiple people in our family had vehicles that fell under the time line of when the parts that were recalled were installed. But for many months after the recalls started, my family members were told the recall did not affect their vehicles. I would run their VINs through OASIS ever couple months. Eventually their vehicles popped up as having the recall. I knew they would, because of the range of years, of vehicles of the recall and the production dates of our family vehicles.

Ford knew that if they sent recalls to every person who had a vehicle that was made with the potentially bad parts. We would have been doing nothing but recalls, every day, all day, until they ran out of recall parts. The way Ford did it, they always had plenty of parts in stock for the recalls, then they randomly pick a given number of customers to contact and inform them their car has the recall. With the amount they did send out, everybody in the shop was doing probably 10 to 20 recalls a day, not counting the other work coming in the shop. Of those many thousands of ignition switches replaced, by the guys in the dealer I worked for. We only found two that were hot, when they showed up at the dealer to get replaced. Since my days of working in dealerships, I have found at least two more hot ignition switches.

Another point, both GM and later Ford, then after Ford, Dodge had wiper motor governors that were shorting out and burning trucks down. At the GM dealer I worked for they replaced thousands of them. Then when I went back to working for Ford, we replaced thousands of them at the Ford dealer. Of all of those wiper motor governors, I never saw or heard of one that was hot. By the way, if you did not know, the same company made the wiper motors for Ford, GM and Dodge, same with many of the other pieces in those three brands. Years later after having long left the dealership life. I got a Ford truck, that the wiper motor got so hot, that the cowl panel above the wiper motor was too hot to touch. That wiper motor was hot enough, I am surprised it did not light up. That sucker was hot.

One last idea, if you still have On Star service in your truck, you might show up at the dealer, get in your truck and hit the On Star button. Then rip into them, about the whole mess. That would be a quick way to get GM on the line. They would know exactly who you are, and what your truck's VIN is.
                          Agree with all the above. 1990's they did have issues we see today.

Today. Recalls issued didn't know we would be restricted by 2020, Taiwan, Japan, China, biden....

Comment

Help me out- are they refusing to let you drive your own truck out of the dealer’s fenced lot?

What have you decided to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Help me out- are they refusing to let you drive your own truck out of the dealer’s fenced lot?

What have you decided to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yep, we drove In today with a extra key and it started right up
                              Drove over to service area , and service writer said it was disabled still, I said “ well you’re standing next to it” “ impossible it doesn’t even have a cpu it’s disabled and we had to push it out of the service bay “
                              Me “ well their it is running “ him “that’s impossible “ “ and you can’t have it till a new computer chip is shipped, installed, and paid for “
                              I lost my temper and told him “ we have two different things happening 1. I drive it out off the lot or 2 he would be leaving in a ambulance “ , the mechanic standing there said everything service writer said was a lie and I would be getting a call from the service manager and her boss!!
                              Is it repaired? I have no clue?? but it ran and drove fine back to the house! Wednesday after I get back to normal I will deal with a service manager and her boss for a explanation of the why’s and how’s they wouldn’t release my property on request

Comment

Holy ****! Wow

Comment

Working...
                                X