Garage/shop $ per sq ft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage/shop $ per sq ft?

I’m looking to add a 24x24 shop- metal roof to match the house on a concrete pad with hardy exterior. The inside doesn’t have to be finished out- just a place to put tools, zero turn and my UTV.
    What’s the going price per sq ft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garage/shop $ per sq ft?

About $25/ft

Get a quote for dirt work, slab, the metal kit, doors and having it erected. Lots of variables… weld up or bolt kit, how may doors what type and what size, height, insulated, ect.

I would estimate $4k for pad and slab
    $7k for building, $2750 to erect, $1250 for doors…= $15k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Hix; 07-21-2021, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Concrete is going to run you close to $7.00 a foot if not higher not including the pad.. Sound like your wanting to frame it in lumber with the Hardie siding and both of them are higher than he** right now. Trusses are going to run you around $2500-3000 give or take. Im in Temple and this is just some prices I have gathered trying to build my own the same size using the same material.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

if you are in travis or williamson county be ready for lots of tack on fees with permitting and inpections etc.

Most will require engineered plans and likely not just a slab but engineered slab w rebar and beams.

good luck, Im glad im done w all that

Comment

IMHO, -- That ain't big enough.
          Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
            IMHO, -- That ain't big enough.
            Trust me.

Haha- it never is.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
              if you are in travis or williamson county be ready for lots of tack on fees with permitting and inpections etc.

Most will require engineered plans and likely not just a slab but engineered slab w rebar and beams.

good luck, Im glad im done w all that

I just moved to Salado in Bell cnty

Comment

With all the volitility in materials recently I think most historical data might not be accurate anymore. I would try to get a hold of two or three turnkey guys and just try to pick their brain on what it might cost. I think the range you will get is going to be wide but I would take those three to make your own assessment. As with most things the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Before materials went crazy I had a 25x25 metal shop built with 10ft walls turn key for $15,550. Then added gutters, and a I beam across the middle for a trolley winch, spray foam, i did the 3/4 plywood sheeted interior walls and electrical myself and bumped it to right at $20k.

Comment

Working...
                  X