Covid Lingering Symptom - Shortness of Breath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLAKJAX View Post
    Has anybody that been Vaccinated had the Covid ? I have been hearing stories about folks gettin it after the shot but im not so sure about the truth . I have been Vaccinated an dont understand why folks would not go get the shot , its Free , It could save your life or prevent you from goin through hell .
    It does not prevent you from getting covid. "Getting covid" means that covid has entered your body. No vaccine, measles, mumps, flu, nothing can prevent a virus from entering your body.

What this vaccine as well as all other vaccines intend to do is teach your body to recognize the virus quicker to respond quicker, which in turn does not allow the virus to multiply in your body and/or get you sick.

In other words, the vaccine helps prevent you from getting sick once you have been infected.

Comment

Has anybody that been Vaccinated had the Covid ? I have been hearing stories about folks gettin it after the shot but im not so sure about the truth . I have been Vaccinated an dont understand why folks would not go get the shot , its Free , It could save your life or prevent you from goin through hell .
      I know this is a legit question... but really?

Let's think about this for a second...
      Last edited by Buck Slayer; 07-30-2021, 07:58 AM.

Comment

I'm holding out and don't care for any more medical help than absolutely necessary.
        The Vid has 99.5-99.8% rate of survivability (depending where you look) and the number gets better the heathier / younger your are.

The Delta Variant is even less lethal, lower hospital rates in India - where this strain derived.

Free?
        Nothing in Life is free. (tax dollars or more debt paid for it)
        I've heard it said more than once -
        If it's free, you are the product..

My Covid experience- I was stuck at home with a slightly increased temperature and felt a little tired.
        I welded up some feeder panels while on quarantine and got some other chores done.
        My wife couldn't taste or smell and was tired.
        My 18 yo son was just tired.

I know others had a much worse time with it and I feel for them, but we did not. But then again we strive to live a healthy lifestyle and take vitamins on the daily. Lucky? maybe.
        Last edited by DaveC; 07-30-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

I have dealt with Afib from 2010 - 2018. Had my first ablation in 2011 and it was fine until 2018. Had a second then and no issues since. They have come a long way between those two procedures and getting it corrected made a world of difference.

Comment

had it last Aug., still feeling residual in fatigue, breathing occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
              29 yr old here, can hardly smell still and taste is muted; nearly 6 months like this.
              Same here. No taste or smell since February. Two of my 5 senses gone. I sense sweet, salty, sour, spicy, etc. but no taste or smell.

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              had it last Aug., still feeling residual in fatigue, breathing occasionally.
              Same here. It has got better but still not good.

Comment

Critical Thinkers vs Mainstream "Normies"

What's in it?
                Who developed it?
                Who manufactured it?
                What is their track record?
                Do they have legal liability?
                How long was it tested for?
                Who is telling me to get it?
                What is their track record?
                Is it effective?
                Is it necessary for my age?
                How many side effects reported?
                How many deaths reported?

------‐--------------------------------

The TV says we need "herd immunity".
                All my friends got cute stickers and a card.
                The TV says I should participate for the "greater good".
                Celebrities, athletes and musicians all tell me to get it.
                Government "experts" and politicians all tell me to get it.
                I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist.

Life is all about choices. As for me, no thanks, I'll sit this one out.

*Sorry to hijack OP
                Last edited by Buck Slayer; 07-30-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

I got the vaccine last June...right decision for me after a lot of research, thought, etc. I'm at home now with COVID. Been sick for 4 days, mostly low grade fever, cough and congestion. Started Ivermectin day 1. Woke up this morning with no fever and less congestion.

Like others have said, the vaccine doesn't prevent infection, just lessens the severity and hopefully any long term side effects.

Honestly, threads like this are one of the reasons I went ahead and got the vaccine. Young, healthy folks getting a mild case of COVID and developing life altering complications down the road. I got too many plans to enjoy life to deal with that nonsense.

Comment

Here's a grim reminder if anyone needs a refresher...

Comment

I talked to a lady Wednesday who had the Vaccine and is at home with Covid right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                        "Long covid" is a thing they are continuing to discover. My wife is a nicu nurse at Cook's in FW and has been very involved in learning the materials they have available. Asymptomatic kids, the group it doesn't really affect, still has a bunch of "long covid" effects. If i remember correctly, 30% of all people have these lingering issues months after recovery.
                        This is gonna be the crappy part about this whole thing. My little brother was a college basketball player (D1). 21 years old and can haul *** up and down a court for 4 quarters. Got COVID and never exhibited a symptom during it. Couple of months later starts having really bad chest pain. Turns out he has Cardiomyopathy now. It's not that common for COVID cases, but it's not that uncommon either

Comment

My brother was in the hospital for 56 days and still has a lot of lingering issues 8mo later. Some he may have the rest of his life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                            I developed aFib a couple of years ago. I’ve had a couple of attacks that put me in icu. I wear a apple 6 watch and it has caught a mild episode. As long as I take my meds when I’m supposed to, I do just fine. One of those medications has reduced my heat tolerance.
                            The first attack I had was severe enough that it did cause a mild myocardial infarction.
                            You need anything, my friend.
                            You call.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                              You need anything, my friend.
                              You call.
                              Thanks Dave, I know you got my six.

Comment

Op my wife was having heart failure, they replaced her valve and did a bypass,
                                And had strict instructions not to mingle with people during the pandemic , recently
                                She was starting to get sick with COVID-19 and she beat it , but is still on limited activity
                                And short of breath, and Genral mal feeling
                                Best of luck and pray you start feeling better and 100% recovery

Comment

Working...
                                X