Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOI request for Draw info-anyone done this before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOI request for Draw info-anyone done this before?

Before I re-create the wheel, if anyone has made a FOI request for draw info, please PM me. I'm working on what data I need to post some better draw information. I have my ideas but if it's been done in the past that would speed things along.

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
    Before I re-create the wheel, if anyone has made a FOI request for draw info, please PM me. I'm working on what data I need to post some better draw information. I have my ideas but if it's been done in the past that would speed things along.
    What draw info do you seek?

Comment

Are you wanting to request info from tpwd?

Comment

Have you made FOI requests before?
        If you aren't from an accredited media source, they will usually charge you for the time to find the info in the FOI request if not readily available.
        I've gotten responses that say we can find the info you are looking for, but it will cost thousands of dollars to find it.

Comment

yes,, get ready to get stalled, told no, or not available, or additional fees. Tries once before many years to get some records from the city and basically gave up after a while.

Comment

Why in the world would you want to post better draw data? If people care enough they will look themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              What draw info do you seek?
              I'm trying to get raw data on hunters and points per category (x applicants with y points), number of applicants per hunt for 2022 at the various point levels are my starting info requests.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                Why in the world would you want to post better draw data? If people care enough they will look themselves.
                Nothing at all wrong with wanting to see public data from a public entity that our tax dollars pay for. I like seeing folks using FOI and letting the gov't know they are checking into things.
                Now, as stated, my guess is when the request is made, the answer will not be satisfactory ... the law says they have to respond to your request, not give you the info you requested.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                  Are you wanting to request info from tpwd?
                  Yes

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                    yes,, get ready to get stalled, told no, or not available, or additional fees. Tries once before many years to get some records from the city and basically gave up after a while.
                    I'm a recovering public official so I'm used to the FOI two-step.

Comment

I'm a recovering public official so I'm used to the FOI two-step.
                      Well you seem pretty qualified to tango if that's the case. Let us know if you make any progress. I'd love to see the same data.

Comment

If 2023 is like previous years; the applicants vs. hunters drawn data for 2022 will be published when the next draws come out in July.
                        Last edited by bigchiefj; 01-25-2023, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Agree. I have always been curious on number of hunters with xx loyalty points per hunt category. Just a simplified spreadsheet similar to what is published for some western states.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                            Well you seem pretty qualified to tango if that's the case. Let us know if you make any progress. I'd love to see the same data.
                            Me too, tagged. When the draw system was still paper they seem pretty friendly on data requests but since it went to the internet system its just the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                            X