• Show
Clear All

Looks like meateater is sharing The Elements post on their page now too

Comment

It’s over now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Public View Post
        Time to send some formal written communications.
        TPWD has to and will formally respond to each.

Imagine if there is enough push and influence from the general public?

I can only imagine, if there was enough response and communication, done properly. There would or will be a change.

I hope you’re right, let’s do it!

Comment

I don't have instagram, anyone have a link to that video of meateater.

Comment

They’ve been talking about nilgai hunts on meat eater for 3+ years.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              They’ve been talking about nilgai hunts on meat eater for 3+ years.
              On public land? I've heard them talk about hunting them and there's a video episode where he hunts them on the Yturria ranch.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                On public land? I've heard them talk about hunting them and there's a video episode where he hunts them on the Yturria ranch.

It was not on the refuge.

Comment

Do we have anyone going to the Exotic only hunt? Lots of good info on this post but room to celebrate a few more

Comment

That meateater post is Tyler from The Element. Meateater just picked those guys up in the last couple of months or so. They are east texas guys and I like their content. The video should be on the element youtube channel some time in the near future. It will not be a "meateater" episode, I don't believe.

Comment

I just listened to there podcast said they couldn’t post content of nilgai took frontal spined him had to shoot him again sounded like it would get flagged on YouTube, they didn’t say anything but that they was on public unit 51 so they wasn’t broadcasting it too much

Comment

Doesn't really matter if they specify where, it's not like a bunch of people who google "archery public nilgai Texas" won't end up competing for the draws. There's just not that many options, and as we do they'll likely just apply for them all.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          Doesn't really matter if they specify where, it's not like a bunch of people who google "archery public nilgai Texas" won't end up competing for the draws. There's just not that many options, and as we do they'll likely just apply for them all.
                          That is very true bud! There’s so much online about Laguna and the other public hunts that offer a nilgai. Does it hurt your chances, yea somewhat, but not enough to scare most people away from applying. And once most hunters get down there, they give up after two days because they can’t take what Laguna or the other units throw at them!!!

Comment

Bikes

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                            I have ordered two e-bikes and hope to have them rigged up for my son and I in time for our two Laguna hunts. If anyone is interested in renting them for the hunts after the 11/18 hunt for Laguna let me know. I don't have a trailer yet but I'm working on that.

I am interested for the late February hunt this year if still offering

Comment

Another way to solve it is to go on their social media posts and ratio the posts by telling everyone there is a yearly success rate of 10% or less and that’s why it’s never published because of the low harvest rates. Maybe that and some posts on how grueling the hunt is and unfriendly the USFWS is might make some people think twice. An over the counter elk tag might be less work for some people then come all the way down here.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                That is very true bud! There’s so much online about Laguna and the other public hunts that offer a nilgai. Does it hurt your chances, yea somewhat, but not enough to scare most people away from applying. And once most hunters get down there, they give up after two days because they can’t take what Laguna or the other units throw at them!!!

You are so right on the number os quitters. You think oh its flat, easy south Texas weather….omg day one kicked our ***!!! Glad we stuck it out.

That place sux no animals there don’t go. Also no reds or trout at all in the Laguna Madre don’t go there either.

Comment

Working...
                                X