Water meter shock Robertson county!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water meter shock Robertson county!

Folks is it just me or is this the norm? I was informed that in Robertson county it was nearly $3,800.00 to install a meter on our property. Is this insane or am I?

Do they have to make a bore or is the water main on your side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our contract stated that power and water would be run to the property as well as road installation. I was told that the “clean out” would be on our property. We bought the last property on the end. So That’s all I know.

Comment

that's a little high but not crazy.

Comment

I bet that is the rural water company tap fee and water meter install. Does seem expensive. Seller should have disclosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm guessing they have to run pipe as Well?

Our place in robertson County was 260 bucks to tap and install meter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

$4,500 for me here in Williamson county. It’s getting to be a premium around the state it appears.

Comment

Shoot my son is living in my mom and dads house which has a well. They want 50,000.00- 60,000.00 to hook up to city water. And this is in the city, water line less then 60 foot to property.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                  Shoot my son is living in my mom and dads house which has a well. They want 50,000.00- 60,000.00 to hook up to city water. And this is in the city, water line less then 60 foot to property.
                  I believe id be staying on the well. Where is this at? Thats outrageous

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
                    Do they have to make a bore or is the water main on your side?

Mine was opposite side but was only about 1200 for bore, install & meter

BP

Comment

Wickson water in brazos county is north of $900 now without line extension. Neighbor and I put in the extension ourselves and guaranteed it for 3yrs. That was years ago. Ask for a cost breakdown.

Comment

Yes they are running water lines. The listing agent works at the water company a couple days a week and said this tract is next on the list. I think there is five 10 acre tracts left that have not been put on the market. Would really like to have folks buy the property that are management minded but I have no control over that.

Comment

Just curious, where in Rob Co?

Comment

I pulled this from their website. I understand the new hookup part, but not sure about the equity buy in fee.

Comment

Sounds like a bore plus meter. Last I heard, just a meter install was $1500..
                              When we bought our place in 99, it cost me $500 for my meter.
                              That $3800 just don’t sound right for just a meter. But again, you are dealing with Robertson county water. I’ve had my run ins with them myself. For 2 or 3 months straight, my water bill shot up over a $100 more than normal. They told me I had a water leak. I told them I didn’t. All I did was install a check valve on my side of the meter. That ended my high water bill. Went to the board meeting to explain. That was a waste of my time!!!
                              Good luck dealing with them!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X