No announcement yet.

Hagerman Segment C Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck I think yall are gonna need it, kinda been a slow year especially considering Big Mineral is in the rotation.

Comment

I'm no expert but it seems like this year is running a little behind. I'm hoping we're hitting it just right. Either way a day in the woods is better than almost any other day.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Good luck I think yall are gonna need it, kinda been a slow year especially considering Big Mineral is in the rotation.
        I will take all the luck I can get

First H hunt was an eye opener and an experience.
        Second hunt I was 50yds from where I might have had an opportunity at a very nice buck
        Third round I am hunting with dad. Goal is to have a good time, hopefully see some bigger bucks than I am used to and if the stars line up shoot a H giant. If they don't line up perfect I will settle for a Golden Ticket doe

Comment

Looking forward to having the opportunity to hunt Hagerman for the ninth time. Have hunted Big Mineral 3 times, Godwin 2, Harris Creek 2 and Meyers 1 one time. Each time offered a great hunting experience. I am just excited for the upcoming hunt as I was for my first Hagerman experience. I’ve had success and I been humbled while hunting the refuge. Either way it’s always a great 3 days of hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by kdarwin View Post
            Looking forward to having the opportunity to hunt Hagerman for the ninth time. Have hunted Big Mineral 3 times, Godwin 2, Harris Creek 2 and Meyers 1 one time. Each time offered a great hunting experience. I am just excited for the upcoming hunt as I was for my first Hagerman experience. I’ve had success and I been humbled while hunting the refuge. Either way it’s always a great 3 days of hunting.
            Harris is underrated especially with all the pressure BM gets during these hunts, just a shame it’s not in this years rotate. I had a close encounter with a gen u ine toad there 2019 seg A but no ethical shot. My heart still aches over it, and to my knowledge that buck has never been taken, at least not on one of the refuge hunts.

Comment

two others and I will also be there for Seg. C.
              It will be are first time also, we are looking forward to it.

Comment

Had a chance to look around some yesterday evening. Found several scrapes that still being used. Maybe it will rain some today and I can go back before Thursday and check them again. Not a great forecast for next week but could be worse. I dealt with the cobblestone ice during Segment C in 2013.

Comment

Me and a buddy will be there next weekend. First time for both of us. Went up there yesterday to look around. Lots of hog sign. Found a couple of old scrapes and some fresh tracks. I’m relatively new to this so no telling what all I missed. I’ll go one more time before next weekend and plan my hunt from there. Good luck to everyone that will be there next weekend.

Comment

i know feed is verboten. how about liquid minerals?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsdaddy View Post
                      i know feed is verboten. how about liquid minerals?
                      If they can eat your kicked off the hunt, you can pour out liquid deer cane and they will eat it. Basically you can only use scents like tinks, trails end, vanilla killa etc

Comment

Originally posted by kdarwin View Post
                        Had a chance to look around some yesterday evening. Found several scrapes that still being used. Maybe it will rain some today and I can go back before Thursday and check them again. Not a great forecast for next week but could be worse. I dealt with the cobblestone ice during Segment C in 2013.
                        We were there, it was a memorable hunt and glad we were at flowing wells close to the refuge,

Comment

I saw lots of cars and trucks scouting today. I logged about 5 miles I’m guessing. Seen lots of old sign, some new sign, lots of old and new rubs, and a pretty good buck. We should have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IS IT THURSDAY YET! I know my buddy and I aren't the only ones excited about this hunt. This is our first Hagerman deer hunt. We logged a couple miles scouting this past weekend and saw no rubs, no scrapes, we didn't any bucks, a pack of hogs, or a big flock of Rios anywhere near the refuge.

We'll be staying at Paradise camp. Steve and Gary. We will probably target the SW Big Mineral back 40 ideally to get away from the pressure near the entrance points. Our wive's said we could use their bicycles. LOL. Anybody know how many of us there will be on this hunt?

Congrats and good luck to everyone drawn. Safe travels. Remember to leave it better than it was when you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by spalmore View Post
                              IS IT THURSDAY YET! I know my buddy and I aren't the only ones excited about this hunt. This is our first Hagerman deer hunt. We logged a couple miles scouting this past weekend and saw no rubs, no scrapes, we didn't any bucks, a pack of hogs, or a big flock of Rios anywhere near the refuge.

We'll be staying at Paradise camp. Steve and Gary. We will probably target the SW Big Mineral back 40 ideally to get away from the pressure near the entrance points. Our wive's said we could use their bicycles. LOL. Anybody know how many of us there will be on this hunt?

Congrats and good luck to everyone drawn. Safe travels. Remember to leave it better than it was when you got there.

I think around 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Me and my prying eyes, are in for the updates!

Comment

Working...
                                X