Xpress XP20CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xpress XP20CC

I’ve been searching for a fishing boat for several years now. Once Covid hit prices were just too far off base for me to make a purchase. I had a pretty heavy list of wants- 18’+ (at least 20 preferred), 4 stroke Yamaha or Suzuki (4 stroke anything really), aluminum trailer. Extra points for decent looking, float pods, and included accessories. My wife had a request that it be water ready. In the end, we got a 20’ boat with a 4 stroke yammy. Hummingbird Helix 8 with sore imaging and a power pole. Aluminum trailer that needed new bunks/brackets and the trim motor needed replacement. Prior owner bought the Yamaha trim motor, cylinder rebuild kit and gave me a pre-Covid level price I couldn’t pass up. Trim motor is fixed as is the trailer. Rebuilt the power pole hardware to take the play out. Thought I’d post up my small tweaks to give others ideas. Not my lift, belongs to my buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice boat!

Comment

I have the same boat. It does everything i have wanted to do from the Sabine lake, to Rayburn.

Comment

Trailer bunks were done with yellow pine, bunk slicks and aluminum clamp on brackets where needed. I don’t want any issues down the road.

Lined the fenders with a cutting board from Amazon and a cardboard template.

Guide ons were bent back in place, reinforced with aluminum angle and topped with yellow pine and cutting board material. The cutting boards work just like wood including routing the edges.

Comment

Not much will happen over the next couple of weeks. It's muzzleloader season and I'm working on my back fence but main complaints after a couple days on the water is a lack of storage for tackle and phones etc. I like some tackle at the ready- kept it in the leaning post on my prior boat but there is no storage there on this one. I also like to do a pocket dump when I get on a boat and other than the top of the console behind the fishfinder there is nothing. Again, missing the leaning post storage box but I can't find an option to add one. I have a couple ideas that I think should solve the issues but would love to see some storage ideas if anyone has them.

Comment

that console looks like the one on my 18'. I had a tackle tray behind the back rest of the console seat. I also used the front well for storage and found a cooler that fit under the leaning post. Mine had a piece of aluminum that was screwed over the hole to access the gas tank. I left that off and kept shoes, bait towels etc next to the tank. Then I built a cup/phone holder out of starboard that mounted next to the fish finder on the console.

How hard was the cylinder re-build? I have one that seeps on my 150

Comment

I have a 18ft that looks like that. I love it. I need to do my trailer bunks also.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                that console looks like the one on my 18'. I had a tackle tray behind the back rest of the console seat. I also used the front well for storage and found a cooler that fit under the leaning post. Mine had a piece of aluminum that was screwed over the hole to access the gas tank. I left that off and kept shoes, bait towels etc next to the tank. Then I built a cup/phone holder out of starboard that mounted next to the fish finder on the console.

How hard was the cylinder re-build? I have one that seeps on my 150
                Thanks for the ideas. Rebuild was super easy. I read horror stories of getting the caps off but mine were no issue (not original caps) just loosen them before removing the unit. Other than than, it's just o rings to remove and replace. I have the special tool to remove the smaller caps and a spanner wrench for the center you are welcome to borrow anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I have a 18ft that looks like that. I love it. I need to do my trailer bunks also.

Nothing but good things to say about these folks and the product. However, it is slick. No doubt the boat would be on the ramp if you remove the strap. Don't back too far into the water either to load.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    http://www.surfixinc.com/surfix_trailer_bunkslides.html

Nothing but good things to say about these folks and the product. However, it is slick. No doubt the boat would be on the ramp if you remove the strap. Don't back too far into the water either to load.
                    Wow, that's not that bad on price. Thanks for the link and the inspiration.

Comment

I use Tackle Webs, get them on Amazon, for small things and lures. They're not waterproof but they're easy to stick on and come in lots of sizes.

Comment

I'm stumped- in the second picture you can see damage to the finish on the rail. It looks worse in person. I can paint it tan, but would like to repair the non skid finish if possible to make it less noticeable. What would I use?

Comment

Started on one solution that solves two problems today. Previous owner had a radio installed under the steering wheel. The marine head units I’m willing to pay the cost for don’t work great so I went with a Wetsounds unit that mounts like a rocker switch. There is also zero storage in the console area for a pocket dump, cell phone etc.

Found a glove box on Amazon for about $35. Deep Blue Marine made one similar in size but way better quality. However it was $130 and until a few minutes ago I wasn’t sure either would work with the steering cable.

I made a template out of plywood for the cutout and 5/16” lip on the bottom. Blue tape on the console to help with marking and chip out.

Slow cuts with a metal blade in the jigsaw worked out well. Made a bigger hole. Plan was to cover the whole area with a piece of aluminum if the box didn’t work.

Ended up having to notch the box just a bit. Glad it wasn’t the high dollar one. All in all worked out great

Comment

Started on a tackle storage idea yesterday. Rivet nuts are the handiest thing since canned beer. Nothing fancy, but should work out well. I bent the bar on the side of the boat and then clamped on a piece of Angle to bend it back to 90 degrees. Still needs to be painted.

Comment

Rivet nuts!!! That's a good idea for the tackle. My current boat has a storage under the leaning post and I love it

my roof is attached to my ranger with rivet nuts. No issues since 2009 and I stand on it often

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X