Live(ish) DIY Flatbed Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting rolling on my flatbed build for my pickup that I discussed in another thread. I’m going to try to keep this thread updated with progress.

Got my factory bed, bumper, and gooseneck hitch pulled off this afternoon and started drawing it up on CAD to burn out on our plasma table. Have a few dimensions that need to be changed, and need to draw up the back portion, and a couple other things.

Should hopefully get some more stuff done tomorrow.

Looking forward to the DIY

Comment

Didn’t take a ton of pictures, but got most of the parts cut out and welded out the front toolbox/fuel tank combo. It doesn’t seem like I got a whole lot done, but there is a TON of welding on that box since I welded the inside and outside to ensure there aren’t any leaks on the aux tank.

Last edited by Raider4044; 10-30-2021, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Made a little more progress this afternoon.

Comment

In for this one. Looking good so far.

Comment

Super cool man. Looking forward to updates.

Comment

Looks nice. You have really fun toys to play with.

Comment

what thickness of metal did you go with? Very nice, top notch

Comment

This ain't amature hour. Looks great.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Comment

Thanks guys! All the smooth plate is 11 gauge. Deck will be 1/8” Floor Plate. Will be framed out in 3” and 4” Channel ~3/16” thick.

Comment

Lookin sharp

Comment

When a DIY thread has a plasma table. I suddenly feel inadequate

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a tall flatbed it seems. Also put a larger pipe around the filler so that when the gas comes out when it gets overfilled it goes into the bowl that surrounds the filler and then drain that to the ground. The way you have it your stuff will all covered in gas and that will suck. Unless you already have something in mind.

Looks really good!
                            Last edited by Rubberdown; 11-02-2021, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                              That’s a tall flatbed it seems. Also put a larger pipe around the filler so that when the gas comes out when it gets overfilled it goes into the bowl that surrounds the filler and then drain that to the ground. The way you have it your stuff will all covered in gas and that will suck. Unless you already have something in mind.

Looks really good!

The actual deck will be 6” below the sides and there will be a toolbox running down both sides, which is why the sides are tall. Definitely going to do something around that fuel fill, just haven’t completely decided what to do quite yet. That box will probably mainly have chains and some other stuff that I don’t use real often and don’t really mind getting diesel on anyway.

This is the bed I based my design off of. More of a “utility” bed than a flatbed I guess. Lol

Last edited by Raider4044; 11-02-2021, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X