No announcement yet.

Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We tried one evening at the A lake but no luck. Saw 3 birds total but the sunset made it worth the trip and walk in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got my permit. Now if I ever get back to working in town so I can hunt. I saw several bucks last year that should be worthy this year

Comment

Hoping to get out there this year

Comment

Just went to check out a old spot at Whitney, boy was the grass wild than it had in a few years.
          Also was about 2 steps from getting bit by a 4 foot rattle bug. Thank god I saw it before him.

If that sucker was a couple inches either side I would’ve never saw him there.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yep, always gotta watch where ya put your foot.

I know someone who got bit by one about that same size a few years ago. He was half mile in. Walked out and drove himself to Harris Cleburne. They then transported him to Harris Central in Ft. Worth. Wound up getting 7 viles. But was back out there 2 weeks later hunting. Hobbling, but hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
              Anybody been after the dove yet?
              A guy on the Facebook page the other day got like 9. I think it was opening day. Not sure, I’ve been at work till yesterday, haven’t even gotten my 21 hunting license and permit yet.

Comment

How's everyone on this fine day? Been following this thread for the last few years and figured it was time to come of off the shadows. Hope everyone has a great season this year. If you see the camo Lowe CC boat on Lake W that's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_84 View Post
                  How's everyone on this fine day? Been following this thread for the last few years and figured it was time to come of off the shadows. Hope everyone has a great season this year. If you see the camo Lowe CC boat on Lake W that's me.

Welcome. I think I’ve seen you a time or two around the S.P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just spoke with the Corp office. Said no deer hunting this year. They are afraid the deer a carrying Covid, and might spread it to hunters, so you guys just stay home this year. They told me to pass it along if you hear conflicting information, nevermind that, I'm a trusted source of information.

Comment

Dang. Too bad I'll be killing. Hunting takes too long!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I heard they cancelled it for the whole state.

But Oklahoma is wide open. Just take your passport.

Comment

I ain't worried. I've been vaccied. And work with peeps evry day that come down with it.

And I'v been teaching the deer to avoid people. They, are the super spreaders.

Comment

Oh! And Welcome to ya Cody 84!

Comment

I'ma gonna help some of yall out. I find that as I grow older (and more grumpy, wretched, and senile), and can't hunt like I used to, I find it in my heart (Get-n softer) to share one of my many secret honey holes. Please take note, as I'll prob have Mayor Mary delete this post tomorrow, or over the weekend (to give some of yall slackers some time to check it out). The parking lot ain't that far either. Lots of folks walk right by it. All I ask is: Please do not share this info with anyone else other than your selves. The link is below.

Honey Hole

Comment

It's got camping close by, water nearby for game, fish, or what ever, and plenty of trees, brush, and forage too.

Comment

Working...
                                X