Trad black bear hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad black bear hunt

My son would like to go bear hunting next year as a graduation present, and I am looking into booking a hunt for him. I would like to ask if anyone knows a good outfitter that is in the United States that could put him, (us) on a bear? He would either want to use a compound, or a rifle, and I would like to hunt over bait with a trad bow. I know the obvious choice would be Canada but, I am not interested in booking anything out of country with covid restictions, passports, ect. So I was wondering if anyone here may have a outfitter in mind that they would suggest we look into. Really not interested in any backcountry camping or anything like that, his mom may go also and we would want a lodge of some sort. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I’ve been looking to do a trad black bear hunt as well. I haven’t used these guys but they are on my list to call.

Comment

Following.
      I am checking into either one in Montana and one in Idaho.
      Would like to hear if anyone has any outfitter expeirence.

Comment

Wietes Creek Outfitters out of Kamiah, Idaho is who I've used in the past. I've hunted bear with them twice and have had very good opportunities both times. I killed a really nice color phase bear on my second hunt. My son and I both had success. Gary is the owner and he is a trad guy, so all his set ups are with the trad hunter in mind. He and his wife run the operation and they're two of the best people I know. I highly recommend them. Also, we stayed in a very nice cabin in Elk City, so your wife would have a nice cabin to stay in (while y'all hunt) with awesome views.
        Last edited by Hunter Todd; 01-04-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Thank you Todd for the recommendation.
          I will be giving them a call.

Comment

Working...
          X