Saddle Hunting in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    How are you liking this new model compared to the Predator?
    I haven’t got to use one yet. I will have some access to the mini maybe n a few weeks. A friend bought one off recommendation and loves it. He’s down road hunting same public I am currently when we get home he’s gonna come over and compare gear and techniques.

The predator is a fantastic platform that I really don’t have a negative about.

The seeker is a fantastic platform that’s got more comfort for learners… just don’t pack (in my system) well.

Some/most of the systems I see people using, could add the seeker and a love seat to their packs and not know it was there. Lol

I’m always moving, even on private it got to be able to pack in and out quietly. I haven’t hunted the same tree twice on private land all season. And just wrapped up my public land hunt and hunted one tree twice in 4.5 days. We seen over 60 deer on stand and shot 4 bucks in 4.5 days! …. But bad luck was all over us… and that’s another story
    Last edited by Low Fence; 11-29-2022, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      I haven’t got to use one yet. I will have some access to the mini maybe n a few weeks. A friend bought one off recommendation and loves it. He’s down road hunting same public I am currently when we get home he’s gonna come over and compare gear and techniques.

The predator is a fantastic platform that I really don’t have a negative about.

The seeker is a fantastic platform that’s got more comfort for learners… just don’t pack (in my system) well.

Some/most of the systems I see people using the could add the seeker and a love seat to their packs and not know it was there. Lol
      I don’t know why but I read that you got it in the mail. I didn’t catch the “email” part. Lol!!

I like my Predator too. I will say the one thing that has me interested is first, the new deign and second, the pitched front edge. I adjust my Predator to where it’s pitched downward to help keep pressure on my feet off the edge but it doesn’t really get it all. I’ll be curious to see what you think about it.

Comment

I have the original seeker that has the angle. And it is not gimmick, it’s comfortable for long leaning sessions!

Comment

This thread is going to cost me money. My new lease has some decent sized Oaks and Elms on it, and I'm thinking of doing more hunting off feeders next year especially during the rut. I am now thinking of having a couple of trees prepped for a saddle. Dang y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Loneaggie View Post
            This thread is going to cost me money. My new lease has some decent sized Oaks and Elms on it, and I'm thinking of doing more hunting off feeders next year especially during the rut. I am now thinking of having a couple of trees prepped for a saddle. Dang y'all.
            It really helps make it easy to break up the monotony of look at the same trees and bushes ever hunt for sure.

Comment

It really helps make it easy to break up the monotony of look at the same trees and bushes ever hunt for sure.
              Yep! Just got home from a 4.5 day public hunt with 2 friends we never sat in same tree twice (other than first 1/2 day and following morning). Seen over 60 from tree. But it takes practice setting up

Comment

Added an adjustable bridge today from Cruzer. It is amsteel and ok but wondering if anyone runs those adjustable web bridges?

Comment

Bridge

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                  Added an adjustable bridge today from Cruzer. It is amsteel and ok but wondering if anyone runs those adjustable web bridges?
                  I have a Treehopper Recon. It’s bridge is adjustable, but I don’t adjust it very often.

Comment

Anyone onestick? I currently use Wild Edge steps. I have 14, and use most of them on non prepped tree. Trying to find ways to shave weight.

Comment

Yea I don know how folks can sit in a box and look at the same real estate all season. I'd lose my mind.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
                        Anyone onestick? I currently use Wild Edge steps. I have 14, and use most of them on non prepped tree. Trying to find ways to shave weight.
                        Yep. I one stick. Started out that way. I cut down a line wolf stick and use a 3-step aider. Next year I will purchase and actual one stick-platform setup. Currently using a mission platform with my one stick. I also incorporate a ROS

Comment

Hang and hunt today. Everything was PERFECT!!! …… just wrong buck.

Can ya find him?
                          Attached Files

Comment

I’d honestly just pick 4 high quality sticks that are sub 2lbs each, throw a rope mod on them and a cable aider on two sticks and call it a day. That’s just me though. Considering weight and ease of use.

Comment

Like mentioned above. Get a set of quality sticks with an aider and you can get 20’+ around 6 pounds. Even 1 stick you replace the weight of sticks with 40’ of heavy rope and then do a cross fit workout when you get there. I’ve never seen a time it would benefit me or any of my set ups…. But to each their own. Everyone likes something a little different

I wish I was smart enough to post a video I shot, setting up last week on public land. I strapped my phone to my bow and recorded then pulled bow up when finished. In a real hunting situation I went from ground to 20’+ bow in hand… done in around 8 minutes. Never made a sound. Never made any fast movements. Just up a tree

- I just watched the clip. I was actually on the platform at 20’ in just over 5 minutes. The other 2.5 minutes was hanging stuff and set up that would have been done, even if you could have flown up there
                              Last edited by Low Fence; 12-04-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Thats great speed Kyle. I am terribly slow still as witnessed this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X