No announcement yet.

East TX Pop Up Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found if you set it up early and let them get used it, it's not near as important to brush it in. I have one that is brushed in and one that is in the wide open and it gets more activity than any of them. It's 23 yrds from this feeder im posting pics of. These pics were from the last day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hogslayer78; 11-07-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Do you have problems with snakes inside the blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
        Thanks for posting. Do you have problems with snakes inside the blinds?
        I'm sure it happens but I haven't found one yet lol. The one I posted is on a 5x5 base up on cinder blocks to keep it off the ground. I screw the bottom down tight all the way around.
        Last edited by hogslayer78; 11-07-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
          I'm sure it happens but I haven't found one yet lol. The one I posted is one a 5x5 base up on cinder blocks to keep it off the ground I screw the bottom down tight all the way around.
          Great buck. Congratulations.

Comment

Great buck. Congratulations.
            Thanks! This is my other ground blind and I would say it's semi/ halfway brushed in. It also gets good activity so in then end I believe it matters more the later you set up close to season. If your moving one around during season or setting up the day before a hunt, I would definitely try and brush it in good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              Thanks! This is my other ground blind and I would say it's semi/ halfway brushed in. It also gets good activity so in then end I believe it matters more the later you set up close to season. If your moving one around during season or setting up the day before a hunt, I would definitely try and brush it in good.
              Did you kill your buck out of one of those pop ups?

Comment

Did you kill your buck out of one of those pop ups?
                No sir I shot him out of a box blind. I dont rifle hunt in either of those spots. My son shot a big doe out of one of them last weekend. I have had some bucks come in that we're shooters and stay out of bow range or no shot. My wife shot a doe last year in the one that's partially tucked in and 10 mins later had a really nice buck come in at about 18 yrds but she couldn't shoot because she couldn't re-cock the crossbow lol. I popped a new one up in a hard wood bottom and it's not brushed in. Had a spike come in at about 8yrds lol.
                Attached Files

Comment

Exactly what Spidermonky said "it's their living room and they are going to notice anything new." I've been hunting out of ground blinds for the last 10 years and I found the main trick is just getting it out there early enough that they get used to it. I have an Ameristep Distorter with the vents at the top that help with evening hunts in the heat. I also have Rhino 180 and it is cloudy to see through the mesh screens with the camo pattern they paint on the stands.

Comment

Working...
                  X