Like Mike problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Mike problem

I have had this release long enough to have to replace the wrist strap and have always loved the crisp trigger. Up till recently, I have never had a problem with this release, but the last few shots have left me confused. Like an almost delayed release after I pull the trigger. Completely missed the target the other day and haven't picked my bow up since. Was wondering if maybe it just needs a good cleaning. I have no idea how to do that. Any suggestions or anyone with similar experience?

Sorry, a Carter Like Mike.

Comment

Comment

I had that happen on a Truefire Hardcore and it cost me a doe. Turned out to be some trash in the release. That may not be your problem though.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Wow! Talk about an informative step by step guide. This should be a home run fix for Brett A! Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
            I saw that.... It really doesn't show how all the stuff goes back in. I'm a little hesitant to just pop it open.

Comment

I have that same release and am no help. I love it though. Following

edit-read the link. Yeah, that kinda looks intimidating at first glance. Can you send it in to Carter and what is the cost?
              Last edited by Beargrasstx; 10-26-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Can send it to Carter for them to clean. I think it is something like $15 plus shipping.

Hunt around on their site and you should find the instructions.

Comment

After hunting the south Texas coast, mine did something similar. Turns out the salt marsh had caused some corrosion. I blew it out with an air compressor then used Lucas oil extreme duty on it.

The Lucas is what I’ve had recommended on my 1911’s as it leaves a slight film. I don’t know how much I like the idea of it long term considering it can collect grit, but it’s been working fine ever since.

Since then I’ve covered the release in stealth strips which prevents some of the issue, but it also silences if I’m a dummy and tap my bow riser.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                    Can send it to Carter for them to clean. I think it is something like $15 plus shipping.

This sounds like the best plan for myself... I know I would never get it back together with all the parts in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post

Just got this back a month ago. Just like new!

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
                        Just got this back a month ago. Just like new!
                        So how was the experience? Cost 15 bucks? Plus return shipping? How long did it take for turnaround?

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                          So how was the experience? Cost 15 bucks? Plus return shipping? How long did it take for turnaround?
                          I think I paid $45. I think it was about three weeks start to finish. A lot better than if I had cracked it open.

Comment

It sounds like there might be some dirt or grime built up inside the release mechanism causing the delayed release. I would suggest trying to clean it, maybe with a small brush and some cleaning solution. If that doesn't help, it could be time to consider getting a new release or having it professionally serviced.

Comment

Working...
                            X