Wildlife Waterer Re-furb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildlife Waterer Re-furb

Landowner on our lease installed this 100 gallon waterer last year. Had a rubber hose and the pan was just on the ground with a rock in it.

We added a stainless hose and dug into the rock some below the tire and cemented the pan in place. We shall see how it holds up. Bowl now weighs 150 pounds and should be stuck in place pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s the blue piece for?

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
      What’s the blue piece for?

It’s screwed into the bowl to protect the float

Comment

Have you put a trail cam on it? If so, I’d be interested in seeing what you get coming to it

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
          Have you put a trail cam on it? If so, I’d be interested in seeing what you get coming to it

We did not today, but have one up the hill about 50 yards on our protein feeder.

Comment

Looks cool! Why run the water/float to the far side of the bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by TRH View Post
              Looks cool! Why run the water/float to the far side of the bowl?
              Just how the hose laid better in the tire to keep from kinking and to get the bowl at the right height in the cement.

Comment

It looks like a pretty small bowl, but I would put a stick in it or two incase something small like a mouse or rat falls into it and can’t get out.

Comment

Working like a champ. Had about 15 gallons left after a month. Filler her back up this weekend.

Comment

very cool.

Comment

I was thinking about something like this. How big is that storage tank and roof?

Comment

That is awesome! Hope you get a camera on it at some point. It would be really interesting to do a comparison as far as what animals go to the protein and what animals go to the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                          I was thinking about something like this. How big is that storage tank and roof?
                          The landowner bought a "kit" so it came together with the 5'X6' roof and 100 gallon tank. We have water across the road so we can haul water to it every 4 weeks in this heat and still maintain drinking water. The small bowl seems to minimize evaporation and spillage.

Comment

If I'm figuring right, the roof should collect about 18.5 gallons per inch of rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                              That is awesome! Hope you get a camera on it at some point. It would be really interesting to do a comparison as far as what animals go to the protein and what animals go to the water.
                              Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X