Binos for my boy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Binos for my boy

My son has been hunting with me since he was 2. I bought him a super cheap pair of kiddie binos off Amazon when he was 3. He still uses them and just turned 8 in October. I want to get him a nice pair for Christmas. I’ll hand down the el cheapo’s to my 3 y/o and plan to keep that cycle going as each of my 3 kids age up.

I want something that’s got decent clarity, easy to focus, and can handle a drop. Most importantly it needs to be a decent fit for an 8 year old.

What would you buy your son?

Ready? Go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your budget. I've got Steiner Military Marines and they are rubber armored, individual focus and the adjustments are tight enough that they don't move once set. Very clear glass and small. Not quite compact but smaller than full size binos.

Comment

These right here. I bought these on recommendation by other TBH’ers. And heck I use them half the time because of their compact size.

Good binos he can keep a long time. Not cheap junk that will break and he won’t used but a season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Budget doesn’t really matter. I mean, he’s not getting swaro’s, but I don’t mind paying for quality that suits his age. My plan is to buy something he’ll use 4-5 years and then get him a pair of swaro’s and hand down whatever I buy this go around to his younger sister.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
          These right here. I bought these on recommendation by other TBH’ers. And heck I use them half the time because of their compact size.

Good binos he can keep a long time. Not cheap junk that will break and he won’t used but a season or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I looked at those online and they were a consideration. Will definitely go to my local guy and put hands on recommendations from here, but this is a contender for sure.

Comment

Santa is bringing 3 pair of these to my kids (3, 7, and 7). I got one pair & was so impressed I bought 2 more. Well built and crystal clear glass. I bought an Athlon spotting scope a couple years ago & that thing was nails so I had a little confidence going into this purchase. I was not disappointed, especially for $100.

Comment

Another vote for Vortex Diamondback HD. My 13 year old has been using his for several years now. They were hand me downs from me when I got a pair of Leicas.

Comment

I just bought my 9 year old a pair of the Leopold Mckenzie HD 10x42 at Bass Pro. They had them a $100 off..so instead of $229 they were $129. Less than Vortex, probably a better glass at that price

The old non HD McKenzies are $129 regular price

Comment

Originally posted by CyTxCazador View Post
                  Santa is bringing 3 pair of these to my kids (3, 7, and 7). I got one pair & was so impressed I bought 2 more. Well built and crystal clear glass. I bought an Athlon spotting scope a couple years ago & that thing was nails so I had a little confidence going into this purchase. I was not disappointed, especially for $100.
                  https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B089Q...b_b_prod_image
                  You could even bump him up to the Argos.

Comment

Strong suggestions so far gentlemen. Keep them coming! Thanks!

Comment

I recently bought my oldest boy a pair of Burris Droptines for him to use in the blind and in the mule. I think they were 144 from Walmart. Really impressed with them for the money and their warranty seems to be top notch as well.

Comment

Just bought a pair of these, they are nice.

Comment

Vortex and he can be as rough as he wants in them.

Comment

Many consider the 10x binocular to be the sweet spot when it comes to glassing. It offers enough magnification for clear identification in wide-open spaces, and enough field of view for tight areas, all while remaining compact enough to take everywhere.

Sometimes you can get them fro $199 on sale at BassPro.
                            Twice the better binos than a Vortex IMO

Comment

Bass pro still have some left from Black Friday. Vortex viper 10x42 were 299.99. Regular price is 499.99

Comment

Working...
                              X