No announcement yet.

Wifes fence vs reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make her agree to maintain and paint it. In two years it will look like crap

Comment

Originally posted by CoachS View Post
      That is nice! Looks expensive though!
      The guy did the work himself and only had materials invested. Pipe is probably higher now but he said it wasn’t too costly to put up. I’m considering something similar for my entry but will change it up just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
        My neighbor did this and used lumber from milled phone poles. The creosote lumber won’t need maintenance for years and a good coat of paint would make the pipe look good for years as well. Field fence attached makes a nice transition and might satisfy both of you. The tanks in background are on their way out and it looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that. Curious where he got the poles milled at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Board fences are pretty for a month or so after they are finished. If you go board fence at least you'll always have a project maintaining it. Not no but hell no.

This all day long
          No way I’m building that much fence with wood. Nothing about that makes sense unless you have several millions in the bank and maintenance isn’t an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is the purpose of the fence?

Keep animals in?
            Animals out?
            Horses or dogs?
            Privacy?
            Security- keep people out?

I just finished a custom retirement home. I think requirements then function first, CMF (color, material, finish) second. Most woman’s brains are not wired that way.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do it the way you said. Just explain it to her. Dont much matter what you say as long as you start with "Listen up woman!". After that she will understand and make you a sammich.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                Board fences are pretty for a month or so after they are finished. If you go board fence at least you'll always have a project maintaining it. Not no but hell no.
                I concur…I’d give the wood fence the benefit of the doubt and say it would look good for about a year though. After that…it would be a constant PITA to maintain. NO WAY!

Comment

Been putting this off but have to ask, who wears the pants in your house?

Comment

Overdo it on a nice entrance gate and some landscaping. Maybe a little bit of surrounding pipe approach. Still gonna cost you some coin but she will be happy with it and your cost to maintain is minimal. T-post and 5 strand barbed wire the rest.

Comment

Buy enough fence wood to build 2 deer blinds, I’ll come by and “steal” it and you can do t posts out of exasperation, then we can meet up and make some great blinds and go hunting. Everyone wins.
                      BTW how good of a shot is your wife.

Comment

Absolutely no to a wood fence! Especially with the poor quality of lumber these days! Go for a drive , find a bunch of wood fences that are all twisted up- warped, need sealing or paint- they are very easy to find. Then take Her out and show them to her. Stand Tall Brother

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Overdo it on a nice entrance gate and some landscaping. Maybe a little bit of surrounding pipe approach. Still gonna cost you some coin but she will be happy with it and your cost to maintain is minimal. T-post and 5 strand barbed wire the rest.
                          That’s a very nice entry!

Comment

Is she planning to put horses on it? Then I would want her fence also. Wire and horses equal Vet Bill at some point in time.
                            Best of Luck....

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                              Is she planning to put horses on it? Then I would want her fence also. Wire and horses equal Vet Bill at some point in time.
                              Best of Luck....
                              Yes that’s the plan. I should have worded my initial question differently I am just cheap and irritated at the price of wood and her unwillingness to budge from a wood fence. I know it’ll look good and be tons of maintenance. For a horse fence would 2x4 welded wire work ok between the corral boards? We would want something to keep neighbors dogs and coyotes out of our yard and out of the horse pasture.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                                Best of Luck....
                                **** horse could figure out how to hurt themselves even if the fence was NERF!

Comment

Working...
                                X