No announcement yet.

Post your 10/22 groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy and I went to the range today and shot 13 different types of ammo to see what our guns liked the most. 40gr CCI Target seemed to be the best. Note, I wrote the wrong type above the group because the top labels had been switched.

The first pic is my rifle, a custom one that I put together with all aftermarket parts and the 2nd pic is my buddies 10/22 I bought him and his group with the same ammo.

Comment

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Following, only because my stock stainless/composite will not group worth a darn at 50 yards it looks as if someone was patterning their shotgun.

Comment

Wow, I always thought the 10/22s were accurate rifles. Anout 25 years ago, had a buddy that had a stainless 10/22 with a wood stock. We were with the landowner on landownwer's property, which had a bad coyote problem. Spotted a coyote about 200 yards away, and the only gun available was the iron sighted 10/22. Landowner stepped out of the truck with the 10/22, took aim, and fired one shot. Coyote yelped, spun around several times and dropped. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would not have believed it. Landowner got back in the truck and said he was getting a 10/22, and he did. The landowner who had never shot that rifle did note that he had to aim high to make the shot.

Anyone know why they have accuracy issues (barrel quality, trigger, barrel band, etc)? Also, is this more common in more recent production 10/22s, or has the accuracy issue been an ongoing problem throughout production. I know some people claim Ruger No. 1 rifles are inaccurate, and some are tack drivers, not sure if this is the same for 10/22s.

Comment

Downloaded the range buddy and put measurements on my group. It made me go to bass pro and buy a lead sled haha. I wanted to take out all human error. I am hoping to go Saturday and see what kind of groups I can get!

Eley match on top and CCI Target on bottom.

Edit...

I say eliminate human error because I was using sand bags and tried out 15 different types of ammo to see what my gun liked. There were a few I thought were way too big of groups for the price I paid haha. Surely some of that was me.
            Last edited by ctom87; 12-10-2021, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Several years back I cleaned up my uncles older wood stock plain 10/22 because he said it hadn't been functioning properly and wasn't grouping that good. Afterwards I shot it with around 5 different types of 22 ammo. If I remember right Winchester WildCats grouped the best but fed poorly in the magazine. They were in the "speed" sweet spot that the gun liked. CCI Stingers that my uncle had been shooting were way too fast and had the worst group for that gun.

Comment

What are you guys using for optics on these guns? I have an Arken scope on it and I cant tell if it is crap scope or crap ammo that I am having to fight with right now.

Comment

bergara
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                    Buddy and I went to the range today and shot 13 different types of ammo to see what our guns liked the most. 40gr CCI Target seemed to be the best. Note, I wrote the wrong type above the group because the top labels had been switched.

The first pic is my rifle, a custom one that I put together with all aftermarket parts and the 2nd pic is my buddies 10/22 I bought him and his group with the same ammo.
                    what distance ?

Comment

We were at 50 yds

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                        bergara
                        Dang that's tight, what model?

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                          Dang that's tight, what model?
                          b14R
                          [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHAzdneNpmo"]Bergara HMR Trainer 22lr DIY dope chart - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                            We were at 50 yds
                            .1" group at 50 yards with an open sight 10/22 ...

holy smoke batman .. that crazy good..
                            I wish my eyes could see good enough for open sight.. not any more!

never seen another 10/22 shoot that good .. you got a keeper for sure!

Comment

^^ dang I want one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                                .1" group at 50 yards with an open sight 10/22 ...

holy smoke batman .. that crazy good..
                                I wish my eyes could see good enough for open sight.. not any more!

never seen another 10/22 shoot that good .. you got a keeper for sure!
                                If I mentioned open sight that was by mistake. It has a scope. I can't recall brand...I bought 2 for $35 in classifieds a few years ago and threw one of those on there. I want to upgrade one day to something nicer.

Comment

Working...
                                X