ATF comment period is open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATF comment period is open

This is one we have to get killed or they can redefine virtually anything they want as a firearm for the purpose of regulating and whatever unconstitutional crap they want to pull.

Please comment. Use your own words but here is what I wrote for reference.

Legislative action by the representatives of the American electorate is the only constitutionally valid means to make law. ATF does not have carte blanche to unilaterally infringe on a fundamental constitutionally protected right.
    Period.
    This proposed rule change is a naked effort to redefine firearms for the purpose of casting a wide net to encompass virtually anything their political masters deem to be scary. We will fight this at every level.

Done

Comment

We have 90 days. It Matters!

Comment

Done.

Comment

If we don't stop this a "parts kit" can be classified as a firearm.

To have this broken down for you watch this video https://youtu.be/jh4_hHuaq6g?t=266

Here is a link to the ATF comment site. Don't let them Infringe our rights any further. This is a significant step toward their end game. We Must Stop This!

Comment

Do you think it is going to do anything commenting to the ATF? Do you think they care what you think? I would say it is better writing to your congressional rep or senator

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Do you think it is going to do anything commenting to the ATF? Do you think they care what you think? I would say it is better writing to your congressional rep or senator

I would say yes. We’ve had success in the past with public comments like when they were considering reclassifying M855 green tips as armor piercing projectiles.

I do agree though we should not only be providing public comment on the ATF but also contacting your congress reps and senators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                I would say yes. We’ve had success in the past with public comments like when they were considering reclassifying M855 green tips as armor piercing projectiles.

I do agree though we should not only be providing public comment on the ATF but also contacting your congress reps and senators.

Mike, good point, but what admin was in when you did this regarding the M855?

Comment

It absolutely matters. We must make our voices heard. Even if they overrule us and trample the constitution, our elected representatives and regulatory agencies must be reminded they cannot run roughshod over the constitution and the Will of the people.
                  If we remain silent they will only expect they can take more and more until there is nothing left to take.

Comment

0bama.

Comment

They can use whatever definition they want. They aint taking em without a serious fight. Try to take the "firearms" receive a bullet.

Comment

Obama if I recall correctly.

Comment

i saw a while back that someone is selling desktop CNC's that are preprogrammed with the tool path for an AR15 lowers. for now the cost is prohibitive if you just want a couple, but as technology advances it will eventually become palatable for your everyday American. at that point, would they claim that CNC's are NFA items? or would they make aluminum billets NFA controlled? Even better, the reason these machines are getting cheaper is because they use off the shelf parts, so if I have the knowledge and desire i could build one myself and not have to buy the machine. so at that point are NEMA motors going to be NFA? Drill bits? 14 gauge wire?

Comment

Done

Comment

Originally posted by dhall1414 View Post
                              i saw a while back that someone is selling desktop CNC's that are preprogrammed with the tool path for an AR15 lowers. for now the cost is prohibitive if you just want a couple, but as technology advances it will eventually become palatable for your everyday American. at that point, would they claim that CNC's are NFA items? or would they make aluminum billets NFA controlled? Even better, the reason these machines are getting cheaper is because they use off the shelf parts, so if I have the knowledge and desire i could build one myself and not have to buy the machine. so at that point are NEMA motors going to be NFA? Drill bits? 14 gauge wire?
                              Slippery slope

Comment

Working...
                              X