Lead shot??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lead shot??

Holy moly. There is none to be had in the San Antonio area. I'm looking for 7.5 shot and the best I've found online comes to about$90/25lbs shipped. Outrageous but the price of shells is even more outrageous.

Have you tried Trainer Hale Supply?

Comment

Thanks. I'll give them a call Tuesday.

Comment

It was hard to find last year, with all the shortages. I'd see one or two bags now and then. Some of the loose buck was plentiful on line. New hulls were very limited, if you could find some. Same with once fired hulls. Wads were hit or miss pending what you needed.

Comment

The first Nickel-Plated Buckshot available to American handloaders. This is the finest buckshot we've ever seen! Antimonied lead core with a copper wash and then a thick nickel plating. Coyotes have met their match!

Shop online for shotshell and metallic reloading supplies, shooting supplies, metallic presses, rifle reloading components, shotshell reloading components, shooting accessories, rifle reloading brass and Bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            It was hard to find last year, with all the shortages. I'd see one or two bags now and then. Some of the loose buck was plentiful on line. New hulls were very limited, if you could find some. Same with once fired hulls. Wads were hit or miss pending what you needed.
            I've got a couple thousand 12's and 20's AA once fired hulls, almost a thousand primers and a few wads and enought powder. I haven't bothered to reload in several years but the shelf prices make it worth while now.

Comment

FWIW with tax that is what you pay for good target shells locally...I prefer a 1oz 1180fps for hunting.
              Plenty of 7.5 but no 8’s for the occasional clays.

Comment

I have ordered from Precision Reloading and Ballistic Products, for both shotty and center fire in the past. Did last year as well to get set up on steel, so I'll never be out of steel/no tox shells again.

Walker, watch those 12ga AA hulls. They changed them up a few years ago. I used to use them all the time back in the '80s-90s when they were a one piece injection molded hull. Those were great hulls! New ones are a two piece bonded hull. Slight difference in the base.
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-03-2022, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  I have ordered from Precision Reloading and Ballistic Products, for both shotty and center fire in the past. Did last year as well to get set up on steel, so I'll never be out of steel/no tox shells again.

Walker, watch those 12ga AA hulls. They changed them up a few years ago. I used to use them all the time back in the '80s-90s when they were a one piece injection molded hull. Those were great hulls! New ones are a two piece bonded hull. Slight difference in the base.
                  All my aa's are at least 15 years old. I collected them when my daughter worked at San Antonio Gun Club.

Comment

Oh, I have found shot online but shipping is a killer.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        Thanks. I'll give them a call Tuesday.
                        They have plenty

Comment

You might try looking on facebook market place, I think I saw a guy selling quite a few bags on there, earlier this week. If so, the guy is in the San Antonio area.

I have 250 lbs. of shot, but it's not for sale, it's all nicely sealed up in some steel tubing, that I use as ballast for my car. Vern probably has some, he has some good connections on shot shells and components.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Have you tried Trainer Hale Supply?
                            I called last week. They have 8 & 9 lead shot. Did not ask about 7-1/2 or anything larger. Call before you go. They keep some irregular shop hours.
                            Last edited by kmitchl; 07-04-2022, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                              I called last week. They have 8 & 9 lead shot. Did not ask about 7-1/2 or anything larger.
                              Thanks. I'll call them tomorrow. #8 will work on clays and doves. Sucks for quail.

Comment

Working...
                              X