Best choke for 00Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best choke for 00Buck

What’s the best choke constriction for shooting 00 Buck…… I’m guessing my Turkey chokes are too tight to shoot 00 through

I'd try full, modified and improved cylinder and see what your gun likes the best. I shot some through a full choke a while back and they did okay. Patterned pretty decent.

Comment

Normally a modified works best but guns are funny sometimes.

Comment

I've had best results with full choke. When I started deer hunting it was with dogs and shotguns. There was a wide variety of shotguns used but roughly 70% of the guys I knew shot 12 ga, 30" barrel, full choke with 00 buck.

Comment

Killed a lot of deer with 00 and 000 buckshot. My go to shotgun was a 12 gauge Remington Wingmaster with a 30" full choke barrel.

Comment

What distance do you want to shoot at?

Is this to hunt with or for home defense?

Comment

You need to pattern the gun with all the chokes to see which one preforms the best

Comment

M, IM or F. Test all 3

Comment

Modified.

Comment

The only way to find what’s best is to shoot them in your gun while trying different chokes. Federal with flite control wads usually pattern best in most guns. Cheap unbuffered buckshot past 20 yards is usually an exercise in futility.

Comment

Pretty happy with my boar blaster choke.

Comment

Mod unless you're using federal flight control then the more open chokes work better.

Comment

First several deer I killed where with 1958 Browning A5 with a 30" full choke. 00 Buckshot.

Comment

Pattern & then pattern some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              I've had best results with full choke. When I started deer hunting it was with dogs and shotguns. There was a wide variety of shotguns used but roughly 70% of the guys I knew shot 12 ga, 30" barrel, full choke with 00 buck.
                              Those were some fun times running dogs. I remember them well and a handful of us still left “chew the fat” on this topic on occasion. But I will be the first to admit the best thing they did for the deer population was close it for running dogs.

Comment

Working...
                              X