The evolution of a UTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The evolution of a UTV

After buying 223 acres and starting the house, I decided to buy a UTV. Bought here on TBH. first thing I needed was a high seat so we could show people around and to make it easier to shoot the hogs. The seat is an old bus seat that a friend gave me.

Next I built a small trailer just to tow on it. Built it slightly narrower than the Mule to make sure if my Wife goes between 2 bushes and the Mule fits, then so will the trailer. Made it out of a boat trailer that had been in a wreck. It had to be cut completely apart to get the straight pieces I needed. I left the 2 back vertical pieces open at the top so other things could be slipped into them.

Filling feeders was getting to be a pain from the back of the Mule as it wasn't quite tall enough so I built a platform to slip into those vertical pieces on the trailer. It has worked really well.

Gun racks, one inside and one for the high seat came next along with a rear view mirror. A friend that uses his Mule for farm work said I should put the mirror on it and I must say, it's a must have for me.

Started feeding the road in a couple places so I bought a road feeder from a friend. He said to definitely not put it on the front as I'd be eating dust off it. I made it to hang on the tail gate. It has latches to keep it from bouncing off. Also put handles on it to make it easier to lift off and put on.

My friend, Andy, found a bar light laying on the side of the road and gave it to me as he already had one on his Ranger. Had to build a bracket for it and wire it in. While I was at it, I went ahead and wired in inside cab lights. They are well worth having.

Next project is a lift with a winch that goes on the back of the trailer to load animals onto the trailer. After that, I'm building a shooting bench that goes on the trailer. It will have legs to lift the trailer off the ground so it will be plenty steady and we can move it to any range we want and won't have to build several benches or multiple back stops.
    Attached Files

Nice build! In for future upgrades.

Comment

Great idea, can’t beat those Kawasaki workhorses!

Comment

Next up is a gun rack for the dash. Tire of the official Mule gun riding on the seat.

Comment

Nice work Bob!

Comment

Lookin Great

Comment

That feeder filling traile is pretty slick!

Comment

Working...
              X