Best budget thermal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GregO View Post
    The wrong thing to do is to look at all the scopes within your budget, and then pick one of those based on other peoples input. The right thing to do is to decide how you are going to use the scope and determine what base magnification best fits your hunting needs. THEN look at the scopes that meets your needs AND fits in your budget. I think base magnification, FOV and resolution are the most important factors in getting the right scope for your needs. Give some background on how you will use it, how far are your typical shots going to be, and then get some input from people with the same use case. These are all expensive, so don't buy the wrong one.
    THIS is the right answer. This is my method of operation on every single phone call I take and it's the exact opposite of how natural human tendency says to do it.

A shovel and a garden rake are both garden tools and cost about the same amount. Some people will tell you why all they use is a rake and they don't need a shovel at all. Others will tell you why a rake isn't near as handy as a shovel. 99% of them only own a shovel or a rake and they have only used one brand and style of their preferred tool and can't tell you from experience how all the shovels and rakes perform next to each other in the garden. Corny? Yes but a thermal scope is a tool, a very expensive tool. A Thermion XM30 is made for a totally different style of hunting that a Hogster R 25 and they cost the exact same amount.

As Greg says you have to know what tool you need and then find the one that fits your budget and your specs. Sometimes with a small budget it's a give and take. You don't have 8 scopes to chose from so you might have to give up some of the things you wanted or wait and save up to get the scope you want and need.

Good luck and feel free to give me a call if you need advice on different models.

(877)350-1818
    outdoorlegacygear.com

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      THIS is the right answer. This is my method of operation on every single phone call I take and it's the exact opposite of how natural human tendency says to do it.

A shovel and a garden rake are both garden tools and cost about the same amount. Some people will tell you why all they use is a rake and they don't need a shovel at all. Others will tell you why a rake isn't near as handy as a shovel. 99% of them only own a shovel or a rake and they have only used one brand and style of their preferred tool and can't tell you from experience how all the shovels and rakes perform next to each other in the garden. Corny? Yes but a thermal scope is a tool, a very expensive tool. A Thermion XM30 is made for a totally different style of hunting that a Hogster R 25 and they cost the exact same amount.

As Greg says you have to know what tool you need and then find the one that fits your budget and your specs. Sometimes with a small budget it's a give and take. You don't have 8 scopes to chose from so you might have to give up some of the things you wanted or wait and save up to get the scope you want and need.

Good luck and feel free to give me a call if you need advice on different models.

(877)350-1818
      outdoorlegacygear.com

Jason

Thanks Jason. I’ll be giving you a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
        Rattler 35 or Hogster 35 are very good options. For just a little more though you can get a Super Hogster.

I can hook you up with a brand new Super Hogster for $2800 shipped. They are $3100-$3200 everywhere.
        Are you already selling yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Lip View Post
          Are you already selling yours?
          No he’s not. We found a helluva deal on them. But I am selling my regular Hogster 35 now. Super should be on the front porch Tuesday 😬

Comment

Just ordered a Pulsar Digex 450 NV from Outdoor Legacy. I think it’ll be my best value for what I’m looking to do. Thanks again, Jason!

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
              Just ordered a Pulsar Digex 450 NV from Outdoor Legacy. I think it’ll be my best value for what I’m looking to do. Thanks again, Jason!

curious.... what made you go digex over wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                curious.... what made you go digex over wraith?

Basically more features. Audio AND video recording, PIP, it’s waterproof/dust proof, and honestly the Pulsar name. A friend and neighbor of mine has several Pulsar scopes (commercial hog/varmint hunter) and has had nothing but positive things to say about them the last few years. A few other folks have recommended them, and after another call to Jason, I pulled the trigger. We’ll find out this weekend if it was the right decision or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                  Rattler 35 or Hogster 35 are very good options. For just a little more though you can get a Super Hogster.

I can hook you up with a brand new Super Hogster for $2800 shipped. They are $3100-$3200 everywhere.
                  I’d be interested in that hook up!

Comment

��

Comment

I've got a Pulsar RX30v and it is everything I need it to be. I'm not trying to take video and I'm not trying to have a ****** stretch with other guys and their $5k+ thermal. It works for killing pigs and coyotes and that is all that matters to me.

I'd probably feel differently if I had thousands of acres to hunt and it was my main hobby but I don't and it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        I've got a Pulsar RX30v and it is everything I need it to be. I'm not trying to take video and I'm not trying to have a ****** stretch with other guys and their $5k+ thermal. It works for killing pigs and coyotes and that is all that matters to me.

I'd probably feel differently if I had thousands of acres to hunt and it was my main hobby but I don't and it isn't.
                        This for me as well

Comment

Working...
                        X