Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > The Other Side of the Ranch (Firearms)

Old 03-30-2021, 09:49 PM   #401
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

Jason, have the Thermion 2 XQ38's started shipping into the US or is there any guess on when they they will begin shipping?
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 10:32 PM   #402
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Nacogdoches Co. & NW Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip View Post
Jason, have the Thermion 2 XQ38's started shipping into the US or is there any guess on when they they will begin shipping?
No sir. We got an allocation list from Pulsar today of what's coming over the next few weeks and a VERY small batch of the Thermion 2 XQ50's are coming in but no XQ38's yet. The XQ38 has been about the hardest scope to get from the day it was released, short of maybe the Trail 2 XP50 LRF.
Outdoor Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2021, 10:38 PM   #403
Lip
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
No sir. We got an allocation list from Pulsar today of what's coming over the next few weeks and a VERY small batch of the Thermion 2 XQ50's are coming in but no XQ38's yet. The XQ38 has been about the hardest scope to get from the day it was released, short of maybe the Trail 2 XP50 LRF.

Figured that was the case. My Rattler shipped from your warehouse today so Iím one step closer to replacing my thermals.
Lip is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 08:58 AM   #404
imyomama
Ten Point

well , someone responded to my youtube video and said AGM is actually hikvision rebranded ... can someone validate this is the case ? looks like the hikvision 25mm 384 is $800 ...
imyomama is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 09:00 AM   #405
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
Originally Posted by imyomama View Post
well , someone responded to my youtube video and said AGM is actually hikvision rebranded ... can someone validate this is the case ? looks like the hikvision 25mm 384 is $800 ...
I have not heard that but the app says Welcome to HIK-Thermal. It does look exactly like it though.

Edit: After looking at them online it may be only in Europe. All of the prices I saw where in Euros (sp). So may not be available in US. AGM may be the US dealer for them? Not sure, but like I said they look exactly the same.

Last edited by bowaddict40; 03-31-2021 at 09:12 AM.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 PM   #406
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
HikVision makes the Asps, Taipans and Rattlers that AGM is selling and AGM has an exclusive contract to sell them in the US. Anyone else selling those same thermal devices in the US is doing it via the "gray market" and they probably haven't even been legally imported and the tariffs paid. There will be no warranty or support provided by anyone on those items since they aren't even supposed to be sold in the US, except by AGM.

Also as Bowaddict noted, you're probably seeing them for sale in Europe and not looking at US dollar pricing.

I hope that info helps.

Jason
Old 04-01-2021, 05:15 AM   #407
Anon
Spike

Is it priced in euros? A google calculator says 800 euros is 939 US dollars, 800 pound is 1100 bucks...like someone else was saying earlier about pulsar, so much of the thermal manufacturers seems a little shady..
Anon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 07:14 AM   #408
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Is it priced in euros? A google calculator says 800 euros is 939 US dollars, 800 pound is 1100 bucks...like someone else was saying earlier about pulsar, so much of the thermal manufacturers seems a little shady..
i guess that's what was bothering me .. it was $800 for the tm25-384 .. so even if in euros ...$939 us dollars is still way cheaper than $1795 ... for the same thing! so while it seems they are providing us affordable technology, we could actually acquire the same technology outside the US for 45% less..
Old 04-01-2021, 07:43 AM   #409
bowaddict40
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Navarro County

Quote:
i guess that's what was bothering me .. it was $800 for the tm25-384 .. so even if in euros ...$939 us dollars is still way cheaper than $1795 ... for the same thing! so while it seems they are providing us affordable technology, we could actually acquire the same technology outside the US for 45% less..
I am on a facebook group for thermal and some of the guys in Europe are having trouble with customer service. Like CS is nonexistent. So even if you could order it from them Im not sure you would want to.
bowaddict40 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 08:03 AM   #410
Anon
Spike

Quote:
Yep, and the guys selling it for 800/939 probably have a good profit margin!
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 AM   #411
Sleepy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camp County, Rusk County, Smith County, Kansas

Super Hogster letís you stack them tight! Iím exceptionally pleased with this scope! I wasnít expecting this kind of a group out of a thermal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 10:28 AM   #412
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowaddict40 View Post
I am on a facebook group for thermal and some of the guys in Europe are having trouble with customer service. Like CS is nonexistent. So even if you could order it from them Im not sure you would want to.
I must say AGM did go above and beyond , they overnighted me the replacement as i had some friends over for the weekend and they had dropped the ball for 2 weeks ...that was nice of them. i think this is just like sightmark though.. made in china , rebranded and marked up, and pretty much disposable if it breaks ... i really hope this one lasts , but like everything chinese it seems it will last about a week longer than the warranty which is 3 years ... we'll see if they last this long, or if the company even exists by then...
Old 04-01-2021, 11:25 AM   #413
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
They are wisely offering no ETA on the Alpha. They already expected it to be ready so no need to keep coming up with dates, only to have to push it back if it's delayed.

The current plan is for the Rico MK1 and Alpha to both be compatible with the LRF if and when the FDA approves it.

The Alpha is currently expected to be $6,999 and be the exact same internals as the Rico MK1. The ONLY differences will be that the Alpha has custom US manufactured exterior housing, painted coyote tan, with a different magnetic USB battery connector and different focus knob. The Alpha will come with a spare battery and the American Defense mount, which would normally cost $370.

So take a Rico MK1 and remove the housing/body and put a new one on it. That's the Alpha. No changes to the image quality, magnification, features etc. Now to be clear, anything is subject to change but that is the current plan from iRay.

Jason
What is their other scope coming out?

You would know as its a simple text or phone call away to Tyler. So figured if anyone knew, you did
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2021, 10:37 PM   #414
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
What is their other scope coming out?

You would know as its a simple text or phone call away to Tyler. So figured if anyone knew, you did
Sorry, I might be confused, which isn't unusual.lol I saw that you mentioned the Alpha and I thought you were speculating that it was going to be a Halo competitor and I was explaining that the the Alpha is the Rico MK1 with a new body style.

There are some other scopes in the works that will be coming soon and I've seen them and been field testing one of them but they are all 384 resolution optics, not 640's, so no N-Vision competitors there.

Again, sorry if I'm confused, let me know what you're asking and I'll do my best to answer.

Jason
Old 04-01-2021, 10:59 PM   #415
Outdoor Legacy
Ten Point

Quote:
A few things come to mind...first off, there is a 25-30% Trump tariff on these imports. AGM air freights all these optics to get them here and that is VERY expensive. It costs a lot of money to run a business in the United States and it also costs a whole lot to provide a 3 year warranty and customer service.

I'd welcome anyone who'd like to import and sell thermal optics for $800-$900/each to hire employees, buy/rent a warehouse and offices, build a dealer network, provide customer service and offer a 3 year warranty. I know a businessman in our industry who looked into bringing in thermals and starting a company like this and it was going to cost him over $1.5 million cash up front to even get the ball rolling before they sold the first optic. This sort of thing isn't for the feint of heart. Several years ago I toyed with the idea of bringing in some smaller accessories and having them customized etc. I realized that if I wasn't doubling my money (gross) there was no way to make a real (net) profit.

Trust me, if someone could bring in the same product of the same quality, offer the same service and same warranty, still make a good profit and sell it for 50% of the current price, they'd do it and corner the market.

Just my 2 cents!
Old 04-02-2021, 08:05 AM   #416
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
A few things come to mind...first off, there is a 25-30% Trump tariff on these imports. AGM air freights all these optics to get them here and that is VERY expensive. It costs a lot of money to run a business in the United States and it also costs a whole lot to provide a 3 year warranty and customer service.

I'd welcome anyone who'd like to import and sell thermal optics for $800-$900/each to hire employees, buy/rent a warehouse and offices, build a dealer network, provide customer service and offer a 3 year warranty. I know a businessman in our industry who looked into bringing in thermals and starting a company like this and it was going to cost him over $1.5 million cash up front to even get the ball rolling before they sold the first optic. This sort of thing isn't for the feint of heart. Several years ago I toyed with the idea of bringing in some smaller accessories and having them customized etc. I realized that if I wasn't doubling my money (gross) there was no way to make a real (net) profit.

Trust me, if someone could bring in the same product of the same quality, offer the same service and same warranty, still make a good profit and sell it for 50% of the current price, they'd do it and corner the market.

Just my 2 cents!
oh boy! the tax rate in Europe and other places is higher than the US. so even at the lower price , they have profit margin in europe and stay in business retail is retail... how do you know that what you make in profit now selling a product for double in the US makes more profit than if you made it up by volume at the same price as in Europe.. + your Trump tax (i'll even give you that) ... how many more people would pull the trigger at $900 than $1800 ?? point is you'd rather make more money selling less product for more because at $2k to $3k it's considered high tech ...the very same item at $800 just becomes another gadget ... that's why my one week old $1300 thermal was replaced and the one i sent back was immediately thrown in the trash...
doubling the retail price didn't make it twice as good ... it's the same device!

i now know i bought a cheap chinese hik-vision, rebranded AGM... i also know i paid roughly double what it sells everywhere else under the original name, which is what it is really worth. and i'm totally ok with you making $ and staying in business , but it doesn't change the fact that they are just marked up cheap chinese hik-vision gadgets.

i guess the only way to really tell what you got is if it looks serviceable... maybe their higher end products are ...

but now i also know that when the battery dies in this hand held, i'll be out of luck ... and i expect the battery will probably last 3 years and one month!

at that point i will probably wish i had paid half as much for it so i'd still have half the money to just buy another one ..
Old 04-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #417
duckmanep
Pope & Young

Quote:
oh boy! the tax rate in Europe and other places is higher than the US. so even at the lower price , they have profit margin in europe and stay in business retail is retail... how do you know that what you make in profit now selling a product for double in the US makes more profit than if you made it up by volume at the same price as in Europe.. + your Trump tax (i'll even give you that) ... how many more people would pull the trigger at $900 than $1800 ?? point is you'd rather make more money selling less product for more because at $2k to $3k it's considered high tech ...the very same item at $800 just becomes another gadget ... that's why my one week old $1300 thermal was replaced and the one i sent back was immediately thrown in the trash...
doubling the retail price didn't make it twice as good ... it's the same device!

i now know i bought a cheap chinese hik-vision, rebranded AGM... i also know i paid roughly double what it sells everywhere else under the original name, which is what it is really worth. and i'm totally ok with you making $ and staying in business , but it doesn't change the fact that they are just marked up cheap chinese hik-vision gadgets.

i guess the only way to really tell what you got is if it looks serviceable... maybe their higher end products are ...

but now i also know that when the battery dies in this hand held, i'll be out of luck ... and i expect the battery will probably last 3 years and one month!

at that point i will probably wish i had paid half as much for it so i'd still have half the money to just buy another one ..

curious to see your math. that $900 device in Europe selling for $1800 in the US.... after shipping, tariffs, overhead, corp taxes, etc.. who is making the money? what profit margin do you think dealers are making on them?
duckmanep is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #418
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckmanep View Post
curious to see your math. that $900 device in Europe selling for $1800 in the US.... after shipping, tariffs, overhead, corp taxes, etc.. who is making the money? what profit margin do you think dealers are making on them?
i don't see your point.. it's shipped to europe too, it's taxed in europe too...

I don't really care who makes the profit...

only point i'm trying to make is you can't say hik-vision is cheap chinese crap, but AGM is a great product when in reality it's the exact same device rebranded and double the price.

I found out the product i purchased sells elsewhere under a different name for half the price and has a bad reputation there... i still like it.. and i hope it lasts ..
but if it doesn't , it has a 3 year warranty and i hope the "importer"is still in business when and if it craps out ...

and now I also know it's just a throw away item, when the internal battery craps out , it will be a paper weight as i know they won't / can't fix it!

that's all ..

Last edited by imyomama; 04-02-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:23 AM   #419
imyomama
Ten Point

and just to be clear, i'm ok with that, and i do like my Taipan, and the service I received from them ...just keeping it real ... but doing a little research, this is AGM Global Vision headquarters ! let that sync in for a moment!

173 West Main Street, #962
Springerville, AZ 85938, USA
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2021, 11:55 AM   #420
Anon
Spike

Quote:
and just to be clear, i'm ok with that, and i do like my Taipan, and the service I received from them ...just keeping it real ... but doing a little research, this is AGM Global Vision headquarters ! let that sync in for a moment!

173 West Main Street, #962
Springerville, AZ 85938, USA
Ho-ly crap...wow, ya, looks like ďwarranty workĒ is definitely just charging the customer for 2 or 3 devices and just sending them replacements...mind blown
Old 04-02-2021, 12:30 PM   #421
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon View Post
Ho-ly crap...wow, ya, looks like “warranty work” is definitely just charging the customer for 2 or 3 devices and just sending them replacements...mind blown
yeah , hey look , like I said i'm ok with that. ... but imagine spending 4 grands on a scope and finding this out ... thinking this is a large company with R&D , manufacturing , and full blown channels of support network... only to find out it's a suite in the middle of nowhere with one car in the parking lot... maybe they will make it , i hope they do ! i hope my second one lasts more than a week.. just letting people know what they are getting themselves into... don't shoot the messenger ... this is just an observation, and i do like my taipan .. i'll be using the crap out of it this year ... we'll see how it holds up!

Last edited by imyomama; 04-02-2021 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:40 PM   #422
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Anybody know if an external battery pak can be used with the AGM Taipan?
If so where do you get one?
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 12:47 PM   #423
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
My Wraith 4K max came today. Now for the learning curve. I did turn it on and image is crystal clear in daylight and color is natural but vivid. Waiting for night to get here. Meanwhile charging the internal battery and figuring out which gun it goes best with. Menu's gonna take some learning but I think once the proper settings are made it will a matter of just hitting the on button.
still waiting on mine and hoping i'll be on this batch .. it's getting scary , we both got a taipan , wraith 4k (well eventually) and live in Euless ... small world!

there is a good video on youtube on the 4k menu, definitely more complicated than the last model ... some videos on youtube are starting to surface, so hopefully they will keep trickling in .. they must got that evergreen ship unstuck .. yeah i know the shipments to America don't take that route ... it was just a funny!
Old 04-02-2021, 12:50 PM   #424
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Anybody know if an external battery pak can be used with the AGM Taipan?
If so where do you get one?
I wouldn't if i were you .. unless you get that 3d printed deal that fits on it first and protects the connection cable .. that mini usb3 won't last long in the field getting bumped around ... but if you must , i've had good luck with anker power packs .. nothing proprietary about it , just usb !

if you get into the habit on just hitting a quick bump on the power button when not looking through it , that should save the internal battery some ... i use that quite a bit, it turns off the screen .. quick hit again brings it back

Last edited by imyomama; 04-02-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #425
imyomama
Ten Point

I also put it on a neck lanyard , so i can just let go of it and grab my rifle without loosing precious seconds putting it away
Old 04-02-2021, 01:11 PM   #426
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
I wouldn't if i were you .. unless you get that 3d printed deal that fits on it first and protects the connection cable .. that mini usb3 won't last long in the field getting bumped around ... but if you must , i've had good luck with anker power packs .. nothing proprietary about it , just usb !

if you get into the habit on just hitting a quick bump on the power button when not looking through it , that should save the internal battery some ... i use that quite a bit, it turns off the screen .. quick hit again brings it back
Since I figured out how to link it to my cell phone I'm sure my battery is gonna get killed sooner than later.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #427
Anon
Spike

Quote:
yeah , hey look , like I said i'm ok with that. ... but imagine spending 4 grands on a scope and finding this out ... thinking this is a large company with R&D , manufacturing , and full blown channels of support network... only to find out it's a suite in the middle of nowhere with one car in the parking lot... maybe they will make it , i hope they do ! i hope my second one lasts more than a week.. just letting people know what they are getting themselves into... don't shoot the messenger ... this is just an observation, and i do like my taipan .. i'll be using the crap out of it this year ... we'll see how it holds up!
Yeah I agree, I think most people would be ok with it...I guess a 3 year warranty would be better than having 2 of them and no warranty at all.
I spent way more than I wanted to and ordered a n-vision halo-x, the ceo (or some big wig) posts on snipers hide and helps anyone who needs it, seems like pretty good customer service. I was never huge on the buy American stuff but after covid, and working in a major hospital, seeing so many people die, alone, horribly...Iím in a real F China mood now.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:29 PM   #428
imyomama
Ten Point

Quote:
Since I figured out how to link it to my cell phone I'm sure my battery is gonna get killed sooner than later.
I ran mine last weekend for 2 hours on wifi and it didn't even budge from full ..

I screwed a tripod base ton a board to get steady footage .. and recorded on my phone .. worked surprisingly well .. posted a vid on it a few threads back i think
Old 04-02-2021, 03:13 PM   #429
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

Quote:

Just my 2 cents!
As always, well said Jason.
Fordnandez is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #430
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Hope this video goes over better than my last. Ended up with a bobcat and fox from my hunt last night so I added in the kill videos from a couple of weeknds back to it.

For whatever reason all varmints have been responding well to a cottontail in distress more than any other call.

https://youtu.be/CIBd1lwF2EY
Old 04-04-2021, 10:44 AM   #431
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack and Henderson Counties

All I have to say is I’m loving the Super Hogster! Impressive thermal and all I need!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2021, 10:58 AM   #432
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlers86 View Post
All I have to say is Iím loving the Super Hogster! Impressive thermal and all I need!
Did you put a video recorder on it? Curious to hear how much worse the picture is on the video recorders vs through the screen.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:09 PM   #433
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Built in recording but no audio. Very clear and easy to download to your phone. I’ve got some kill shots on video but waiting to upload.
Old 04-04-2021, 12:19 PM   #434
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Armadillo 175-180 yds out
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.5AD39268-F3C3-4794-8ACC-DB2BE0B078F7.MOV (1.77 MB, 69 views)
Old 04-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #435
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Skunk 100yds
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.B308CF87-924B-4873-8C5B-4A0ED84E1839.MOV (1.67 MB, 51 views)
Old 04-04-2021, 12:21 PM   #436
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Easter Bunny explosion! Must watch

Very Graphic
Attached Files
File Type: mov trim.4DAF4FBC-79C3-4E8E-AA9A-14D6392E4D8E.MOV (962.1 KB, 131 views)
Old 04-04-2021, 12:24 PM   #437
Antlers86
Pope & Young

I plan on getting a few kill shots together and making a video.
Old 04-04-2021, 01:38 PM   #438
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Dang that bunny video was brutal. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #439
Anon
Spike

Quote:

Very Graphic
Lol gaw dang...amazing visual
Old 04-04-2021, 05:42 PM   #440
westtexducks
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can.

Quote:

Very Graphic
What did you hit that dude with and at what range? Pretty good splatter on that about like hitting a prairie dog

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-04-2021, 08:43 PM   #441
Antlers86
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by westtexducks View Post
What did you hit that dude with and at what range? Pretty good splatter on that about like hitting a prairie dog

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
223 Fiocchi 40Gr VMax at 60 yds
Old 04-04-2021, 08:47 PM   #442
Antlers86
Pope & Young

I’m hoping to get into a group of pigs tomorrow night or some predators. Had this thing a week and boy all I want to do is thermal hunt! I’ll be buying another one for my son to join in on the fun.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:20 AM   #443
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Sorry, I might be confused, which isn't unusual.lol I saw that you mentioned the Alpha and I thought you were speculating that it was going to be a Halo competitor and I was explaining that the the Alpha is the Rico MK1 with a new body style.

There are some other scopes in the works that will be coming soon and I've seen them and been field testing one of them but they are all 384 resolution optics, not 640's, so no N-Vision competitors there.

Again, sorry if I'm confused, let me know what you're asking and I'll do my best to answer.

Jason
Yes sorry I worded it wrong. I did not mean they had a competitor to the Halo LR.

I was just saying I heard they had another scope in the works besides the Alpha
Old 04-05-2021, 08:22 AM   #444
gingib
Pope & Young

I got to hunt with the 384 Iray this weekend. Looked good in the field, but like Jason mentioned the 4x is too much for me when scanning. It wouldn't be bad getting on pigs IMO, but my buddy popped it off and scanning with it when walking back to the truck was tough

Also seen his buddies Hogster, I was not impressed with it at all. Looked like his FLIR scope. No sir for me
Old 04-05-2021, 10:42 AM   #445
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
I got to hunt with the 384 Iray this weekend. Looked good in the field, but like Jason mentioned the 4x is too much for me when scanning. It wouldn't be bad getting on pigs IMO, but my buddy popped it off and scanning with it when walking back to the truck was tough

Also seen his buddies Hogster, I was not impressed with it at all. Looked like his FLIR scope. No sir for me
Do you remember which Hogster unit it was?
Old 04-05-2021, 10:56 AM   #446
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
Do you remember which Hogster unit it was?
No I do not. I just know I looked thru it and said "Ah hell no!" and didn't ask to look thru it again.

But our other 3 scopes were a Reap IR, and 2 IRAY 384's
Old 04-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #447
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
No I do not. I just know I looked thru it and said "Ah hell no!" and didn't ask to look thru it again.

But our other 3 scopes were a Reap IR, and 2 IRAY 384's
Gotcha. I wouldnt expect any of the hogsters to look better than any of those scopes based on what the costs of the units.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #448
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Clarification to the post above, I wouldnt expect the Hogster to even look as good as the IRAY 384 and especially not the REAP.
Old 04-05-2021, 01:49 PM   #449
gingib
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordnandez View Post
Clarification to the post above, I wouldnt expect the Hogster to even look as good as the IRAY 384 and especially not the REAP.
Yeah I don't know the costs of any of the Hogster's, but you sure do hear alot of people rave about them.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:25 PM   #450
Fordnandez
Ten Point

Quote:
Yeah I don't know the costs of any of the Hogster's, but you sure do hear alot of people rave about them.
I have not personally looked through one but what I am seeing on youtube looks like great value for the money. There is a good chance you were looking at the $2300 Hogster unit and I would imagine the IRAY unit that is $4k does and should have a better image quality. Also that IRAY unit has a base mag of 4x where as the hogsters are 1.4x and 2x. The higher base mag will give the perception of a better picture and that compiled with the 12 micron and what I would assume be a better lense on the IRAY I dont doubt that it would have a significantly better picture but also what makes it 75% more expensive.