No announcement yet.

Electra, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick look @ the tax map shows that property does appear to have big neighbors E and W (across the roads). That's always a huge plus from a deer standpoint.

As you are probably aware - the market is really hot, and there isn't a lot of good inventory making it to listing, or sticking around long, - unless its way overpriced.

If you are not already working w/ one, get in w/ a good agent, who can plug you into what is coming available before it hits the market.

Is this the only area of the state you are looking into?

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
      Good to know. Defiantly don’t think I would have found this out from the listing agent
      I know the agent personally and he is a good guy, but he wouldn't tell you what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by riverbowman View Post
        We hunted 3 or 4 miles south of there 12-ish years ago and had plenty of deer. Biggest taken was 153", but we saw bigger a few times. Had a fair amount of quail and turkey as well. A friend of mine leased a place somewhere very close to the one you're asking about a few years ago and bailed after the second season due to not seeing hardly any deer.
        Were you hunting off of fm 2326? If so lot different country and better deer population.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidro View Post
          Were you hunting off of fm 2326? If so lot different country and better deer population.
          Yes near there. And you're right, we were more like 8 miles south of the property in question. Very different.

Comment

I was looking at land just north of there. There probably wasnt many hunters in the past. But now that there are 5-6 landowners versus 1-2. THis actually was advertised as like 500 acres or so. Looks like they are splitting up.

For that price, I'd sell you my 130 acres 1/4 mile from Pease river in Crowell. You will probably see more and bigger deer. Havent noticed road hunters. 3 guys can hunt my place and not see each other. The place for sale you could probably see the entire place. We had about 15-20 different bucks and 20-30 doe last season.

Comment

A lot of that area does not have underground water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                A quick look @ the tax map shows that property does appear to have big neighbors E and W (across the roads). That's always a huge plus from a deer standpoint.

As you are probably aware - the market is really hot, and there isn't a lot of good inventory making it to listing, or sticking around long, - unless its way overpriced.

If you are not already working w/ one, get in w/ a good agent, who can plug you into what is coming available before it hits the market.

Is this the only area of the state you are looking into?
                Just looking to be 2 hour away max from Fort Worth. Place fit my budget acreage requirements. Probably can’t find much for this big and this price range for hunting land in Texas. Don’t want to go out of the state or drive further than 2 hr from Fort Worth.

Comment

Originally posted by BLee15 View Post
                  Just looking to be 2 hour away max from Fort Worth. Place fit my budget acreage requirements. Probably can’t find much for this big and this price range for hunting land in Texas. Don’t want to go out of the state or drive further than 2 hr from Fort Worth.

Good deal.
                  2 hour halo from FW and I’d be looking for the perfect 1/4 section in western Stephens, Shackelford, and portions of Callahan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted just west of this place for years. We leased 800 acres, two sides bordered the Waggoner. If you look on the map you can see an oval looking wheat field about a mile west. When the wheat came up good the deer would pour in. I killed at 167 and my buddy killed a couple 150s. Best hunting I’ve been around. The only thing that worries me about the place your looking at is all the road frontage. May be hard to hold big deer right there but they are definitely in the area. I live in ft worth as well and bought a place in OK last year and love it. Takes about 3.5 hrs to get there. My dad has a place in Shackelford county, takes me about 2 hours to get there.

Comment

i hunted just north of electra for a couple years but we were right on the river and most of the good hunting there in right on the river it’s pretty open country as soon as you get away from the river, now there is a chance at killing a real good buck up to a real free range boone and crockett but it’s not a very big chance lol.
                      if you like grass burrs everywhere and get into everything it’s the place for you lol

Comment

I like thearea, and would like to find a lease out there. The particular land you are looking at for me, I wouldn't like that its split by 2 highways. I'm sure it doesnt bother the deer, but just wouldn't like that personally

Comment

Working...
                        X