2018 LBJ Grasslands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
    Hogman, I have one I bought this year, going to try it next week at Hagerman.

I'd be cautious using it in an area during a firearm season, or maybe thats just me.

Thinking about picking up a doe decoy but I had not thought about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use blow up decoys. I put them in trees surrounding my sit they really look like hunters

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
        I use blow up decoys. I put them in trees surrounding my sit they really look like hunters

And what are you drink-n tonight? Cheers!

Comment

I guess if the deer are walking around looking up in trees (for hunters like they sometimes do), and your sit-n on the ground, that'd give a person a chance to draw on one.

Comment

TG, you really need to change that Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
              TG, you really need to change that Avatar.

I'll dink to that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	6a00d8341c630a53ef0147e29e8c53970b.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	24559604

Comment

Hunters pull into parking, see 10 hunters in trees with bright orange vests, move to next unit. Works every time. And, I wish I was drinking something. At least then I would have an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                  I'll dink to that!

[ATTACH]932684[/ATTACH]
                  Haha, gotta keep it. Classic

Comment

I'll be heading out around lunch today, maybe the weather will have them up and moving this evening.

Comment

Hunted a new spot yesterday am. Had a spike at 5 yards and some pigs out front. Hunted a different unit around 10am and saw a 2 year old buck at about 70 yards cruising. Didn't respond to grunting. Saw a nice buck chase a doe onto private while I was getting ready for the evening hunt. Hunted a new spot yesterday evening. Bumped a little buck walking in, saw a 4 pointer, spike, 3 does (one walked right under my tree) and the big 8 pointer I have pics of right at the end of legal light (see attached pics). He came to about 60 yards. I was disappointed I didn't get a shot but exciting to see him. I've still got bow in hand so I godda get real close.

Came back to same spot this am and saw a nice buck with a doe in the same spot as the buck from last night. They were there for a few seconds and then off. I grunted with no response.

Checked a camera on the other side of this unit and the crab claw buck was at another spot I hunt last night... All good, hope to get on one before I leave Sunday am.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                        Hunted a new spot yesterday am. Had a spike at 5 yards and some pigs out front. Hunted a different unit around 10am and saw a 2 year old buck at about 70 yards cruising. Didn't respond to grunting. Saw a nice buck chase a doe onto private while I was getting ready for the evening hunt. Hunted a new spot yesterday evening. Bumped a little buck walking in, saw a 4 pointer, spike, 3 does (one walked right under my tree) and the big 8 pointer I have pics of right at the end of legal light (see attached pics). He came to about 60 yards. I was disappointed I didn't get a shot but exciting to see him. I've still got bow in hand so I godda get real close.

Came back to same spot this am and saw a nice buck with a doe in the same spot as the buck from last night. They were there for a few seconds and then off. I grunted with no response.

Checked a camera on the other side of this unit and the crab claw buck was at another spot I hunt last night... All good, hope to get on one before I leave Sunday am.
                        Sounds like their getting serious about the rut. Good luck. Shoot that 8.

Comment

Well, it’s not LBJ, but I got it done on a 3.5 yr 8-point up in Oklahoma

. I had encounters with a couple bigger bucks, but out of range. I still have all next week of hunting to upgrade. haha

Comment

Congrats on the 8 pointer. Were there still acorns on the ground up there?

Comment

Hey IkemanTx, would you mind terribly PMing me a little info on the Oklahoma bow hunting? I live in North DFW so not too fat of a stretch to get up to a couple WMA's if it's worth it. No specifics or honey holes just good solid info. Price of licenses, special/abnormal regs type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeholley View Post
                                Hey IkemanTx, would you mind terribly PMing me a little info on the Oklahoma bow hunting? I live in North DFW so not too fat of a stretch to get up to a couple WMA's if it's worth it. No specifics or honey holes just good solid info. Price of licenses, special/abnormal regs type stuff.
                                Sure thing.

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                                Congrats on the 8 pointer. Were there still acorns on the ground up there?

Not many... a few of the red old (blackjack) had some under them. I did get into a few chinkapin oaks this week, which surprised me. They still had a few dropping.

Comment

Working...
                                X