Battery string trimmers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery string trimmers

Which one. There are a bunch out there and I know nothing about any of them.

Only owned one and only used 3 times so far, but went with Milwaukee's 18v. Same performance as any gas weed eater in my opinion. Much more quiet and I use 1 bar of battery every use on a 5,000 sq ft lot. Came with 8 ah battery. Honestly it is so nice it made me want a battery powered mower once my Toro goes out.

Edit...plus it has a quick attach so I bought the chain saw extension. That works really well too.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      Only owned one and only used 3 times so far, but went with Milwaukee's 18v. Same performance as any gas weed eater in my opinion. Much more quiet and I use 1 bar of battery every use on a 5,000 sq ft lot. Came with 8 ah battery. Honestly it is so nice it made me want a battery powered mower once my Toro goes out.

Edit...plus it has a quick attach so I bought the chain saw extension. That works really well too.
      Does it take Sam same batteries as the rust of their tools? I have a drill and a 1/2 " impact.

Comment

I can only speak of the one I have. I have over 10 Milwaukee M18 tools and the string trimmer is one. If you are using around the house/yard it is great. If you are using at the lease, barn, fence lines it has plenty of power but it burns trough batteries. For the tough stuff I still grab my Stihl 2 stroke..

Comment

I have the dewalt 60V and does my 1 acre yard with ease. I only use it on the low setting too and it has plenty of power.

Comment

I have the Echo 20V trimmer and blower. I will never go back to gas. Plenty of power and no problem doing a residential yard on one battery charge. The blower goes through the battery quicker. I have had mine for several years without a problem. Starts every time I pull the trigger

Comment

I bought a craftsman since I keep craftsman at the lake. My wife ran it for a couple hours and liked it. Think she burned 3 batteries to a tank on my echo gas trimmer

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a ryobi we the pole saw, string trimmer, edger. It works just fine I probably need another battery since my yard is 3 acres.

Comment

I had a kobalt one. Dropped it and it broke .

Comment

I have all Ryobi tools and I haven't had a single issue with any of them. The string trimmer has been going strong for 5+ years.

Comment

I have the ego and it is has more power than my big stihl. I have 2 acres and with a full charge it will handle it! They don't have to be ran full throttle on everything - this is the key factor !
                      Last edited by Bucknaked; 04-29-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I'll probably go with Milwaukee. I have two chargers and 6 batteries, 2 big and 4 small.

Comment

Walker i want to say yes but its the only milwaukee I own. It is m18.

Comment

Ego with carbon fiber shaft. So smooth it feels less powerful buy BEWARE, outperforms my Echo.

The Ego stuff is all TOP notch. None of the other brands are close but maybe Makita.

I’m a Milwaukee, Stihl, and Echo fan. Use them all.

For ePower lawn stuff……Ego is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Payton View Post
                              Ego with carbon fiber shaft. So smooth it feels less powerful buy BEWARE, outperforms my Echo.

The Ego stuff is all TOP notch. None of the other brands are close but maybe Makita.

I’m a Milwaukee, Stihl, and Echo fan. Use them all.

For ePower lawn stuff……Ego is the best.
                              I have an EGO trimmer and it is a beast. Love the automatic string retractor when putting on new string.

Comment

Working...
                              X