Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urban Meyer steps down at UF

WOW! Huge loss...

First Tebow graduates and then his father steps down.

Urban Meyer is stepping down as coach of the Florida football team, athletic director Jeremy Foley announced Saturday afternoon in a release.

Sorry, can't figure out how to hyperlink.

It is going to be interesting to see the reason. Most of the sources are saying it is health related.

Comment

espn stated a heart vavle defect from sources close to the situation....said he made several trips to the hospital since the sec championship....

call me cynical and conspiratorial, but I think he could have dealt with the health issues and still stayed on as coach....I think there is something else to this.....

Comment

Originally posted by blacksunshine View Post
        espn stated a heart vavle defect from sources close to the situation....said he made several trips to the hospital since the sec championship....

call me cynical and conspiratorial, but I think he could have dealt with the health issues and still stayed on as coach....I think there is something else to this.....
        You're cynical and conspiratorial.

Sorry to see him go. I really like the guy and the way he coaches. My prayers will be with him and his family.

Comment

I bet Steve Spurrier is licking his chops right now hoping Florida will bring him back. If I was a Sooner fan though, I would be worried. I bet they go after Stoops.

Comment

wow!!!!!!!! just seeing this!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sambow View Post
              I bet Steve Spurrier is licking his chops right now hoping Florida will bring him back. If I was a Sooner fan though, I would be worried. I bet they go after Stoops.
              Yep, let the Stoops to UF rumors start... Will be interesting to see if he is quick to deny a Florida job as quick as he was for the Notre Dame job..

Comment

Zzzzzzzzz!

Comment

Wow what a great coach. I hate to see him resigning. He's a much better coach than Mac Brown, Bob Stoops, Mike Sherman or Mike Leach you hate to see that kind of talent leave the game.

Comment

I disagree, definately not better than those three!

Originally posted by keep View Post
                    Wow what a great coach. I hate to see him resigning. He's a much better coach than Mac Brown, Bob Stoops, Mike Sherman or Mike Leach you hate to see that kind of talent leave the game.

Comment

Please go after Stoops! Please!!

Comment

tebow leaving... " my heart my heart" J/K

Comment

LMAO...sounds right though

Originally posted by NBK75 View Post
                          tebow leaving... " my heart my heart" J/K

Comment

Originally posted by Bucks&Broadheads View Post
                            Please go after Stoops! Please!!
                            hahahaha... Will Muschamp is their man!

No, seriously it will be Kyle Whittingham from Utah. Urban has some input and came to Florida from Utah. KW has done an outstanding job at Utah, good fit for the gators.

Comment

I don't see Florida going for Stoops or Leach. They will look for a young up and coming coach or an coordinator.

Comment

Working...
                              X