Cardboard Boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cardboard Boats?

My wife and kids want to enter a cardboard boat race this summer. Anybody ever build one? Construction tips or pointers? Thanks.

go to youtube there are a ton. MIT actually has some they've posted hahahah...

Comment

My kids built one last year, in the shape of a flat-bottom boat. They finally sunk it on the 7th time across the high-school pool. Had 6 or 7 kids in it at the time. It was a hoot to watch.

Comment

Don't know the rules but I would use neverwet.

Comment

I got to build one in my high school physics class. Use looks of layers of card board and sill the seems with the brown cardboard paper. Let the glue dry before putting on another layer.

Also try the incorporate pockets of air in it. For example build the base then inside the boat build an interlocking grid system to hold another layer for the floor of the boat.

Hope that helps a little
          Jesse

Comment

Idk about the rules yall have but my fraternity built ours fairly well.

We used the cardboard boxes that they ship seafood in, it has a waxy coating on it and we also sprayed the whole thing down in Never wet. For all the joints we used gorilla tape. Don't make the front flat, make a v hull if possible

Comment

Working...
            X