• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Very cool story! Goodluck with the rebuild

Comment

Following...keep the pics coming...nice story

Comment

I need to stay off this thread. It brings tears to my eyes every time I check it. Mine was a 75 in midnight blue and was my Grandpa's truck that my Dad bought me when my Grandpa got too old to drive. Got it in 87 with ~40K miles on it. Took the camper shell off and promptly loaded the bed down with sand bags and cinder blocks so I could go to the local strip outside Abilene and drag race that that mean old 390 lol. When I got ready to go to college I was not really into trucks anymore and thought I wanted to shun my west Texas image so I got a car and sold the old Ford. Regretted it almost immediately and have been watching classifieds and craiglist in Abilene for years now to see if that old truck shows up. If it ever does, I'll buy it regardless of condition.

Comment

Great story sir, I'm signed up to see the progress.

Comment

I'll be checking this one for sure! Great truck but an even better story!

Comment

Great thread I'll keep watching. I had a 71 with a 351W that I built up that would haul the mail. My oldest son totaled it for me when he first started driving. That was around 91-92. After that I bought a 78 F-150 4X4 and I still have it but it hasn't been driven in a long long time.
                Heck if gas would stay where it is now I'd probably get it back to going!

Comment

Following

Comment

Finally got to spend a few minutes on the project last night and this morning. We started tearing down the old motor today, because there are several pieces we will need for the new one.

We dropped in the crank and cam last night. Hoping to be able to slide in the pistons tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeJ View Post
                      Finally got to spend a few minutes on the project last night and this morning. We started tearing down the old motor today, because there are several pieces we will need for the new one.

We dropped in the crank and cam last night. Hoping to be able to slide in the pistons tomorrow afternoon.

Sweet!

Comment

Tuned In!

Comment

Pistons in. One step closer.

Comment

How come your wife is the only one doing any work? Is she the mechanic of the family?

Comment

Originally posted by papabearclif View Post
                              How come your wife is the only one doing any work? Is she the mechanic of the family?
                              If she could take a decent photo, we'd switch places

She just likes to get her hands dirty once in a while.

Comment

Awesome! Following along!

Comment

Working...
                                X