Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    Yes. 22yrs
    Did you make major changes to the property?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
      Schools, roads, county employees. Infastructure.
      overpriced new schools and sports programs, roads not getting repaired and the bids going to help their buddies, over paid county employees ( not the blue collar workers), failing infrastructure such as water supplies and power issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
        overpriced new schools and sports programs, roads not getting repaired and the bids going to help their buddies, over paid county employees ( not the blue collar workers), failing infrastructure such as water supplies and power issues.
        We just filed a protest, because the city changed the property next door and use our property as a flood plain catch!
        Hopefully about 300 pictures and video will help the appraisal district reach a devaluation, lawyers are $500 per hour
        Attached Files
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-09-2022, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rsquared View Post
          this is the real path we need to be on.

we cannot lay a strong defense against appraisals when homes around us have sold for those amounts or more in the last 12 months.

but when the county is seeing a 50% increase in valuations that should trigger a reduction in the rate. therefore mitigating our tax bill.
          it is not like we are suddenly seeing an increase in services or value equivalent to the 50% or more increase in valuations.

This.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220509_145252.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	24682980

New Grimes County Justice Complex and Administration building. Now I get it....

Comment

Tag

Comment

So what did they say Miket?

Did your actually tax that you owe go up more than 10%?

Comment

There has to be a change in the way TX does things. NO ONE should be paying 1k a month for the privilege of owning property in this state. It’s pure BS people.

Comment

"A Texas county appraisal distict may not increase the appraised value of a homestead by more than 10% in a given tax year. The homeowner's property tax is based on the county appraisal district's appraised value of the home. Technically, a Texas homestead's assessed value is limited to the lesser of either its market value or the sum of the market value of any new improvements and 110% of the appraised value of the preceding year. The 10% increase is cumulative. Therefore, the maximum increase is 10% times the number of years since the property was last appraised."

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                      That’s $ 20,147.06 per acre!!!!
                      Land in Easter Williamson County is selling for 75k to 125k per acre. Plowed black dirt not even a tree on it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        So what did they say Miket?

Did your actually tax that you owe go up more than 10%?
                        They just took it to file the protest. Hearing is later, I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                          Did you make major changes to the property?
                          I did add onto my shop, a change, but not what I would consider significant. I think it was less than $30k

Comment

We are Ag exempt and our place pays for itself in hay. I'll never claim to be a genius but I know enough to never pay $10k for .173 of an acre just because "it's a nice area" as the subdivision people like to say.

Pretty easy choice IMO. Pay an exorbitant amount for a tiny sliver of land or pay very little for a big piece of property you can live AND hunt on. Plus you don't have to live 6' from someone else.

Comment

All i can say is protest, they offered a settlement, and dropped mine 15,000 in Liberty. I still have to protest my place at Rayburn. It has a 1972 mobile home on a lot. And a half. The taxes are only six hundred a year. But they want to go up another two hundred dollars a year on the mobile home. I just don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntandfishguy6 View Post
                                All i can say is protest, they offered a settlement, and dropped mine 15,000 in Liberty. I still have to protest my place at Rayburn. It has a 1972 mobile home on a lot. And a half. The taxes are only six hundred a year. But they want to go up another two hundred dollars a year on the mobile home. I just don't get it.
                                That’s the way they want it You’re not supposed to get. They make it so complicated most people don’t even contest it because they don’t understand the system.

Comment

Working...
                                X